NOBI's F4F Wildcat

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by FredZ KSAC, Mar 10, 2006.

1. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

G'day all. I just finished NOBI's new F4F Wildcat and it makes a very nice model of the stubby little fella. I had the advantage of a very nice - if forty years old - book on the Wildcat which helped on details, especially the landing gear. I do have a couple of comments about things to watch out for which may help others who have not built the model yet. First and most important - the model is intended to us joiner strips [this is per an e-mail from NOBI] but in a departure from some of his other recent issues, the strips are not included in the kit, so you will have to come up with your own. Not a problem if you have built any other strip joined models but could cause a lot of head scratching if you havn't. The other thing is the horizontal and vertical tail feathers are mis-numbered. Again, not a show stopper, just a comment. All in all, the model builds quite will, parts fit is excellent. Attached are 3 pictures [I hope] which shows off the model and a corner of my build area. Why do we ALL build next to our computers??? NOBI, thank you for producing this nice aircraft - and what's next!
    Fred Z.

Attached Files:

2. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Nice build. The stubby little fellows went together well.
  3. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Fred,

Beautiful build...thank you very much to share your happily with us and thank you very much for your comment, that comment will help me to improve my next design.
  4. cmdrted

cmdrted Active Member

Looks great, my favorite ww2 nav fighter. I have Halinski's and Malys (probably the same model), in the to do pile, but the detail has kept me from it, Nobi's looks easier to build, but detailed just the same, thanks for showing us the build.
  5. a6m

a6m Member

here is my version

Attached Files:

6. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Look real cool, a6m... :) very nice little bird
  7. rmks2000

rmks2000 Member

Very nice build. Does the model come with a cockpit or did you scratchbuild?
  8. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Great job............ this is a very robust model............ I gave my wheels up build to my buddies grandkid.... <2 he still "flys" it around and it show very little wear!

9. a6m

a6m Member

thanks Nobi for the appreciation,
    the value is in the model, easy to build and accurate

the model comes without the cockpit,
    I have simply 'painted' a cockpit

also :twisted:
    I have done a model of the pilot by a photo of the TRUE pilot of that particular plane -- a Midway plane, by the way
    something plastic doesn't afford :grin: