Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by jrts, Aug 18, 2004.

1. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

Just thought I would have a brake from the big wet stuff.
    Also to see how long it takes to build one and how it turns out :lol:

It will be a nice change for me :roll:

I think these small models will make great models for anyone to start with and this is one of Nobi's great free downloads.

I also have Nobi's Atlant, Tempest and Fokker Ill give these a build in that order when this one is done. So far it has taken three and a half hours to get to this stage. I will finish this tomorrow night and post the results.
  2. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Hi Jrts,

very nice :D that Apache still need to improve due to my skill is not good enough at that time but i alway do a model as my slogan "Easy but Beautiful"
  3. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

Done some more to this great little plane. The only problem so far has been the builder.

I forgot to laminate the wing spar when I first started the model. :oops: :lol:
    As a result I have had to do this now and tried to cut it while still wet :idea: , wrong bad mistake as it started to fall to bits :oops:
    So I have to waite until it drys over night :cry:

No edge colour or other touch up has been done and the fit is great.

I now hope to finish this tomorrow if I have not made any more mistakes :roll:

4. 57townsman

57townsman Member

Wow, that looks like a great little kit :) I may have to get one for myself.

5. Peter H

Peter H Member

It's a marvelous kit. Most notable from my opinion (FWIW) is it's a marvelous balance between large scale formed bulkhead construction and a minimal parts count.

You get a buzz building it without losing interest over a long construction period. Once I started I could see the result in my "minds eye" and it was so addictive and I loved every minute, to finish it.

Keep doing your voodoo NOBI

Peter H
  6. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

Done a bit more, only just got in from work :cry:

Just wheel struts, two nose guns and props to fit to finish.
    At the moment Iam waiting for the struts to dry before fitting.

More when these are dry

7. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Very fast build, Rob!
    And really a nice looking kit. :D

Nobi is being too modest, I think; his designs are excellent, and your comments about the fit are right on.
    I am aching to start that recent creation, the SAAB J-21!

One very attractive thing about Nobi's designs are they are all very unique birds, ones you don't usually see, yet carried out to perfection.
    He sure makes designing these gems look easy, but I know they are anything but.

Thanks for the great kits, Nobi! :D

8. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

She should be finished now except for paint work but I had a little oops with her.
    Finished the wheels ect and glued them on put the model on my work table and yes the thing fell of taking out the two struts and one prop :cry: :oops:
    Total build time to this stage was seven hours :D

I will have to repair it tomorrow now as Iam off to my pit now as it is 2.34 am here

9. Wierd_Jack

Wierd_Jack New Member

Cool! I cut out the parts last night for the A-36 Apache.
    I'm finishing up the YAK-17 right now. Couldn't decide which to begin next, the Apache or the SAAB. But since I see this particular Apache every time I go to Dayton to visit the Wright-Patterson US Air Force Museum, I figured that I'd build it next. I have always loved looking at it in real life.
    If it builds anything like the YAK, it'll be fun! I hestitated at starting the YAK-17 for a little while, but it's been very smooth building....well designed.
  10. jrts

jrts Active Member

Hi all

Fixed the wheels and prop that came off when she took a duck dive of my work table :oops:

No colour except a little black on the wheels and guns has been used, this is to show how good the fit is for a model Nobi says has faults. If it did I could not find them :D

It was fun building this and my boy is already on my back to let him test fly it :cry:
    Right now my printer is banging out Nobi's Atlant while I tinker with Big Mo and Yamato.

Love the model Nobi well done mate and thanks for it beeing free :D :D

11. bfam4t6

bfam4t6 Member

Very nice job NOBI. The kit looks wonderful, and also very nice job Rob. I'm sure your skill also helped in making a wonderful outcome of the kit.