No trains...

doctorwayne

in these street scenes, and the pictures aren't the best, but I'm still learning to use the new camera. I couldn't think of anywhere else to use the pics, so I'll offer them here, on their own.
One of the owner's sons, getting into his coupe. He probably just hit the old man up for some more cash.
2007-01-10_484.jpg

Across the street, at Wilkinson-Kompass, some of the salesmen must be in town for a meeting.
2007-01-10_481.jpg

Here's a different perspective: the building at the left is the track-side of Wilkinson-Kompass, with the Evell building seen between that and the billboard. Behind the billboard is the National Grocers warehouse.
2007-01-10_4791.jpg

As for the billboard, well, everybody knows "If it's GERN, it's Good." :rolleyes:

Wayne

cn nutbar

nice shots even though there are no trains---they sure knew how to parallel park back then---that black car better watch out he dosen't get keyed by the angry owner who got blocked in---announce1

cnw1961

"If it’s Wayne, it’s excellent!". Those are great pics, even without trains. I especially like the first one.

Nazgul

Wayne
You don't need trains....The rest of us do!
I don't think it is humanly possible to ever see enough of your work...it is THAT GOOD!:thumb:

Herc Driver

That billboard shot it great...and the lighting on all three is nice and even. Good Job! The small details like the car license plates - great stuff.

doctorwayne

I'm glad to see that the pictures were enjoyed. I was unsure about posting them, as they're not as good as I would have liked, but I thought that they had some interesting elements in them.
The license plates are simple sheet styrene rectangles, painted orange. I used a fine brush to scrawl some gibberish on them in black paint: unless you look really closely, it's not noticeable that there are no real numbers.:D Your comment did make me notice that that Evell boy doesn't have a front plate on his Ford: Tsk, this younger generation!! :rolleyes:

Wayne

UP SD40-2

AWESOME PICS WAYNE!:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:(as usual:D). that Gern billboard just blows me away, VERY NICE!:thumb: THANKS!:D -Deano

Pooh Bah
Wayne: is that National Grocers a specific building or generic? My grandfather used to work for them in Niagara Falls.

N

nachoman

is that a spider web on the billboard, under the lights?!

I REALLY like the cars. Reminds me of something my layout needs :)

kevin

doctorwayne

nachoman said:
is that a spider web on the billboard, under the lights?!

I REALLY like the cars. Reminds me of something my layout needs :)

kevin

You're right about the cobweb, Kevin. Viewing the picture on my old monitor, it wasn't visible. I did notice it before I posted, but figured that the picture had enough other shortcomings that it wouldn't make a lot of difference. :rolleyes: I also discovered cobwebs in a few other pictures, although I'm not sure if it's the new camera picking up stuff that the old one didn't, or if my housekeeping is slipping.:eek:ops: I've got a couple of really nice photos of a steam loco that had run through a tunnel. It looked like it was wearing a bridal veil!sign1 Now that I know that they're there, I do go around with a soft brush looking for them, but they're surprisingly difficult to see under the fluorescent lights.

David, the National Grocers name is taken from the real one: they had an outlet in Hamilton that my Mother used to go to with friends who owned a hotel. (Helped to stretch the food budget). My structure is based on a space that I needed to fill in downtown Dunnville, and, as I never saw the building in Hamilton, probably bears no ressemblance to it. :D My structure(s) were built using DPM modular wall sections.
While not the subject of the photo, this seems to be the only view of it that I can find.
2007-01-10_0131.jpg

Wayne

Relic

Fantastic as ever , to me it's the little things that make a big diference ,like the "t model"model{it is a "t" right?} anyway the drivers window being half was down is one such "little thing"
Not to be sucking up but your stuff is consistently better than the average MRR{magazine}photos.

doctorwayne

Thanks, Relic. Those two cars are Model A's, probably the most common vehicle on my layout. This is a Model T, pick-up truck version.
100_54361.JPG

And this is the Model A, pick-up truck version:
2007-01-10_548.jpg

Both the A's and the T are kits from Jordan Miniatures.

Wayne

Relic

brain damage{self inflicted} is my only excuse,I built soooo many models when I was a kid{AMT was the best}I can't believe that faux pas.
Look at your scenes long enough and they start moving.{now you know where the damage was done lol}