No more photo's

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Most of my photo's will no longer be able to be seen shortly as Trainorders is having a facelift and new server soon. Don't know when it will happen, should have been this weekend. So, you will be seeing a "RED CROSS" where the photo's would have been

I have just found out (when I signed in today ) that if I require to up-load my photo's again it will cost me X amount of $'s, so I'm not going to bother with it. Will have to wait until I clear my own website from the old Badger photo's.

IMRL393

Aug 7, 2001
Visit site
Shamus -

I will miss your photos - hope the problem is cured soon.

For those of us who are confused - how does the T.O. site policy affect the Gauge site ???

- George

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Hi,
It won't effect the gauge at all.
Anyway, you can still upload from your hard-drive via the (Browse feature)
It gave me the chance to clean out my own website of all the old Badger Creek photo's, now I can upload over the weekend all the new photo's I have taken of the NEW Badger Creek.

sumpter250

multiscale modelbuilder
Jan 19, 2002
Vernon Hills, Illinois
Visit site
Shamus,
I've noticed that some of the photos you've posted in reply are still there, so assume those posted on original threads,actually reside somewhere else, and are called in when your threads are accessed.
I understand that it would be a lot of work to replace them, but couldn't you use the edit and browse to replace the missing pics?
I do models, not software so forgive the dumb question.
Pete

IMRL393

Aug 7, 2001
Visit site
Bob -

Yes, QCA is Quad Cities Area (a common term around here).

The Quad Cities are:

Bettendorf, Iowa
Davenport, Iowa
Rock Island, Illinois
Moline, Illinois

(With some smaller towns, like East Moline, thrown in. It was the tri-cities at one time, went to quad, then they stopped the count at "4" despite the other small towns about. It is now assumed that the Illinois-Iowa cities area is "Quaded" by the Mississippi (running east-to-west here!) and the north-to-south interstate.

This is Rock Island country !!!
As per the "Quad City Rocket" !!!

- George

Bob Collins

Feb 1, 2001
Council Bluffs, IA
Visit site
George;

Am familiar with the Quad Cities, I have a brother who lives on East 11th Street in Davenport. It is an old house that they have been working to restore since before the invention of dirt. I just had never seen the QCA before.

Bob

kettlestack

Jan 18, 2002
Scotland UK
Visit site
Shamus,

Rule #1 says you're not allowed to deprive us of seeing your photos!:(

We need the inspiration they provide us with. Well want you to notify the forum when you have all your new photos posted on your website. This weekend at the latest... ok? .. (you're being electronically timed!:D :D )

What say you guys out there????
Should we "badger" THE MEISTRO for more Badger Creek photos? :D
(Sending word for the Lone Ranger to come in to enforce the rules! :) )

Errol

shamus

Registered Member
Dec 17, 2000
UK
Okay Okay you win, my own website is now working with all the new Badger Creek photo's I have taken of it, here's just a couple.
sawmillover.jpg

people.jpg

Drew Toner

Mar 2, 2002
McLennan, Alberta, Canada.
Visit site
Real life!!

I'll bet , that if I spray painted a number, on the bottom of one of your 'harvested' logs, you could follow that log from the forest through the mill, and onto the drying area after the mill. And some of the spray paint would still be left on the ends of the boards!!;) ;) :rolleyes:

OK, so it might get hung up in the pond for a while!!

Very nice work, I will be visiting your updated site very soon!

Drew