No more flash movies!

Discussion in 'Off Topic - Card Modeler Lounge' started by MTK, Sep 8, 2011.

1. MTK

MTK Active Member

What do I have to do the stop the freakin flash movies! What do I have to pay? Those freakin things un-nerve me when I'm in a thread and listening to music and those flippen things start playing!
  2. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Is this at a particular website! You can extract the sound track from Flash (.FLV) movies. Give me some more info.
  3. paulhbell

paulhbell Member

I think MTK means the ads that pop up after the first post. I agree with him they are bloody annoying. I can live with the ads, but these flash movies that keep coming up are too much.
  4. MTK

MTK Active Member

Precisely! I usually have some kind of music playing when I'm browsing the forums and hav emy speakers maxxed out and when thos freaking commericals blast into my music at max volume..... Well.... You get the point. LOL!
  5. Zathros

Zathros Guest

Firefox. There are Add-Ons that allow you to control this. I don't use I.E. Haven't for 4 years.
  6. MTK

MTK Active Member

I used Firefox once and it was buggy and from what I understand very hackable. I'm just going to keep my volume down, though there should be some kind of opt out for that kind of stuff. Frankly, I don't care for a lot of flash crap any way.
  7. Zathros

Zathros Guest

That was a long time ago. Firefox , not the Beta versions, the the stable versions, are so much better than I.E., and the honest truth is you could run it off of a SD card if you are really worried. A 2G SD card would be more then efficient, and nothing would ever be able to go into your computer.
  8. Wojtee

Wojtee Member

I use Opera, which has the "Turbo" function. It is meant for slower connections, so it "simplifies" the pages (e.g. loads only preview of the images etc.). But it also blocks the Flash components of the pages. I used to use it when I had speakers conected to my computer and some Flash adverts had some nasty sounds. You can always run the Flash by clicking it, which is good, because some Flash-only pages were unusable :)
  9. hall120

hall120 New Member

I heard that I.E. is more buggy a much more hackable than I use Chrome and don´t have any problems yet
  10. blaar

blaar Member

Ditto, don't like IE and FireFox has loads of plugins, but I suppose this isn't a "I HATE IE TOPIC", if you really want to disable the sounds goto IE's options tab and disable it.

See screen shot.

If it doesn't work, well then at least you know IE is buggy. sign1

Attached Files: