No...I haven't jumped the train....

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by steamhead, Jul 25, 2008.

1. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Its' just that I've been out of circulation for the last 3 days....Had a run-in with one "Dolly".....the hurricane, that is....:mrgreen:

Power's been out at home since early Wednesday AM, and of course...No Gauge....:cry:

Hopefully all will be restored by tomorrow...Need to get cracking on that layout....:wave:
  2. shaygetz

shaygetz Active Member

Glad to see you're high and dry, Gus.:thumb:
  3. Chessie6459

Chessie6459 Gauge Oldtimer

Glad to hear that you are ok.
  4. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Glad your ok. On the news it looks pretty beat up down there.

5. e-paw

e-paw Member

It may be time for a back up generator???
  6. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

I was wondering if any of our Texas friends might be dealing with Dolly. Glad to see you're up and running.
  7. Russ Bellinis

Russ Bellinis Active Member

Glad to hear that you have weathered Dolly, Gus. Welcome back to the Gauge.
  8. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Thanks for the well wishes....We made it through OK...Still without power...Looks like it might be SEVERAL more days in the dark. We're lucky though...Folks out at South Padre Island really got whacked, and a few miles north/northwest....

Funny..I'd never seen rain falling horizontally.....That's what 80 MPH+ winds will do....

No work on the layout this weekend....wall1
  9. cn nutbar

cn nutbar Member

Hi Gus---Glad to hear that Dolly has moved on---my wife and I had been on vacation a few years ago in South Padre Island so the reports on the television really had an impact on us---hope everything is getting back on track---Nutbar
  10. doctorwayne

doctorwayne Active Member

Glad to hear that you "weathered the storm", Gus. ;):-D

11. UP SD40-2

UP SD40-2 Senior Member

Gus, i sure am glad all that happened to you was loosing power for awhile, sure it stinks, but it could have been much worse. i hope you get your power back soon:thumb: .
  12. jesso

jesso Member

Glad you are ok! Hope that it doesn't go on much longer for you.
  13. steamhead

steamhead Active Member

Update....Power back on Saturday mid-day...!!! Got to work on layout Saturday PM and Sunday....:steamtrain:

Only missing utility is cable TV..(which I don't watch much anyway) and the phone service is intermittent at best. So things are pretty much back to normal....

Thanks to all that expressed was a pretty harrowing experience while it was going on....