No Atlas Code 83 on Xtracad?

Discussion in 'Track Planning' started by ciscokid, Feb 3, 2007.

1. ciscokid

ciscokid New Member

Ok, so I quickly went and got Xtracad installed it and also looked around the yahoo forums...just long enough to read that one has to create one's own library for particular track like Atlas Code 83, using a ruler of all things! Can this be real? Isn't there a pre-existing library for various systems? I guess that's why I'd stick to RTS and Winrail.:rolleyes:
  2. jbaakko

jbaakko Active Member

I use Xtracad all the time, but I use flex track tools exclusively.
  3. Squidbait

Squidbait Recovering ALCO-holic

Here's the Code 83 parameter file that I have. You realize that for the most part, the track components are the same size, whether they're code 83 or code 100?

Besides, real model railroaders use flex track! :p

Attached Files:

4. Squidbait

Because The Gauge limits the type of files you can upload, you'll have to open that file in notepad, and save it as "atl83.xtp".
  5. Squidbait

I just realized you may not have loaded all the parameter files when you installed XtrkCad. Go to the File menu, select Parameter Files, and then Browse to the XtrkCad\params directory. You can select the stuff you want to load (like atl83), for a given layout.
  6. Nomad

Nomad Active Member

Ciscokid, are you using version 3.1.4? And is this ho or n gauge? Version 3.1.4 has a code 83 ho library in it. I use ho so I don't know about n scale. Also, did you download the unlock code and install it? The program is limited without it. And, did you right click on the library bar to check the librarys? That's how I found it.