Nn3 track

Does anyone know of a supplier of Nn3 track other than Aspen Models? Aspen's prices are pretty steep (over $40 for a turnout).
Microtrains make Nn3 cars, but don't seem to have track listed on their website.
Aspen's do have dual-gauge track (pretty cool I think:D ) but in terms of single gauge Nn3, is there an alternative?

cidchase

Hm, I had thought that z-scale track (6.5mm?) was generally used for Nn3 but looking
deeper, it's really Nn42. So is the Aspen Models Z track different from their Nn3 track?
I see they have Code 55 and Code 40 in both. Every day I find something else I don't
know!!:D :D :D If I keep on like this I'll wind up Knowin' nuttin'!! :eek:ops:

You can of course use Z gauge track - but the ties (sleepers for UK folk) are too close together to be scale. So Nn3 track is the same width as Z, but the ties are spaced further apart to be scale for 1:160

Triplex

Of existing narrow gauges, Z track is closest to meter-gauge in N. But North American modellers use it for 3' gauge anyway.

DavidB-AU

Peco makes Nn3 flex. They advertise it as N-6.5.

Micro Engineering code 55 turnouts can be narrowed relatively easily. The skills required to do this are not much more than you'd need to build track by hand.

If you intend to make a lot of turnouts it's probably cheaper to take the plunge and build them yourself. A Fast Tracks assembly jig and Micro engineering code 55 rail would pay for itself after about 5 turnouts, or there are downloadable paper templates.

There rumours that Marklin would be releasing a range of Nn3 (US market) and Nm (European market) models under the Trix brand, with track to match.

Cheers
David

Triplex

Peco makes Nn3 flex. They advertise it as N-6.5.
That's the standard way of describing narrow gauges in Europe and Britain - by track gauge in actual millimeters rather than scale feet or inches.
Being out of N scale for awhile now, but aren't the MT narrow gauge cars meant to run on standard N scale track?
MT makes Nn3.

Dominique

Meiriongwril said:
You can of course use Z gauge track - but the ties (sleepers for UK folk) are too close together to be scale.

Not sure, as on the opposite average Z track (Micro-Trains track excepted) has a too large tie spacing. So I think Peco or Marklin Z brand may be used as a Nn3 track without any problem.

Dominique