Nitro rustler used for bashing or racing?

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by rustler, May 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rustler

rustler Member

I am a newbie and my second car that i got was the nitro rustler(unfortuantly with the trx 15 motor) and was wondering if i should use it for bashing or racing
  2. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

well those stadium trucks arent really made for racing. Ya racing at your local track or friends, other then that probly just bashing. If I was you I would upgrade to the Megatech M16 racing engine it is a direct fit and its over 1hp!
  3. rustler

rustler Member

ok thanx
  4. pimp

pimp Active Member

bashing they r 2 hyper and do not steer good enough to be in a track race so mainly for bashing and a traxxas rustler can jump like really really high in the air so gets good air time
  5. rustler

rustler Member

do i need to do andthing to the car to make it jump better besides tightining the shocks, do you think some bigger wheels and 2.5 spacers would help
  6. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

upgrade your springs/shocks for the truck, also have some spare parts just in case something goes wrong. The best all-around-tires would be the dirt hawgs by HPI

http://www.hpiracing.com/index2.htm

and they will fit right onto the traxxas rims
  7. pimp

pimp Active Member

no just titen the shocks a little and u should always have spare parts
  8. pimp

pimp Active Member

they r really tuff u should jump it going full speed
  9. rustler

rustler Member

when you say there tuff do u mean that it takes a lot to brake them
  10. alisar70

alisar70 Member

man there so tuff

i realy wanted 1 but it was over my budget
  11. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I had a rustler and they were great but I dident like the shocks to me there are better shocks, like the shocks that come on the evader, you can screw the springs tighter/looser. Ya they are tuff, verry hard to break. When I had mine I never even broke a arm on it and I was bashing the #@$% out of it, fun truck it was
  12. rustler

rustler Member

I'm having a lot of trouble with it right now, i havent gotten it to run right ever since the break-in-process just today i broke off my pull start because i was getting so mad at it, Do you have to by the same kind of pull start that came with your car or can you by a differend brand
  13. rustler

rustler Member

your never going to believe this but i got mine completely free! my neighbor had had it for like two years and never ever took it out of the box and just about a week ago he gave it to me but he lost the manual so i have no clue what i am doing
  14. pimp

pimp Active Member

well a rustler is perfect for a starter but i would recamend that u do not get another pull start it is going 2 break again and they cost 30 bux a peace so get a roto or starter box that is what i would prefer
  15. rustler

rustler Member

ok which one would be the easiest to start my car the roto or starter box
  16. dj6666969

dj6666969 Active Member

I would say the roto start. With a starter box you gotta get the flywheel lined up with the wheel on the starter box but with a roto start you just gotta stick the shaft into the back of the engine where the oullstart would be hit a button and your off!
  17. rustler

rustler Member

allright thnx but how much do those cost aroung
  18. rustler

rustler Member

and now i dont need to get the pull start and i can just leave that part off?
  19. rustler

rustler Member

I just got done talking to the hobby shop and they said that a roto start would not fit my Nitro rustler
  20. pimp

pimp Active Member

the 12/15 roto start will work if not it should
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.