nitro rc boat?

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by mr. grodoski, Sep 2, 2007.

1. mr. grodoski

mr. grodoski New Member

what would a good nitro rc boat be for a beginner and what website?
  2. Ihor T

Ihor T New Member

it depends on what price you want to spend on it, if i were you i would buy it from tower hibbies, it rocks

here is the list of boats

look around and dig something up, they even have vids for some of them, i would get the nitro vee, its fast

you can also find the same boats on ebay, they could be cheaper, but dont buy them from raidentech. com and other sites like that, the motor will die after two runs, good luck!
  3. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

That's a really broad question. What style of hull do you like? What kind of price range are you looking at? Water conditions were you plan to run? Do I ask too many questions? :)
    This is part of the narrowing down process. I'm kind of assuming that if this is your first boat that you're starting from scratch so you'll have to figure in accessories also in your budget plus fuel. All of the RTR boats have their little quirks and things than need a little improvement. I can recommend a few boats and tell you which ones to avoid.
    Asking in a forum site like this is a smart move. Unfortunately there are people who have bought boats without asking first then later found out that they got a really bad boat. Places like eBay can either be a good or bad place to buy one and there are some really bad ones in there.
  4. easyrider64

easyrider64 New Member

Id get a meanmachine from aeromarine laminates it is a cat. cats are ussaly easyer to run becouse they dont flip over easy. another good starter boat is a shockwave 36 buy proboat it runs good and with a little tweaking is fast and stable.If u do get the shockwave epoxie the inside of the whole hull becouse nitro will eat through it.
  5. Ron Olson

Ron Olson Member

Apparently you have no experience with a Mean Machine 18.
    When I saw the first prototype, I thought that it was the greatest thing since sliced bread for the new boater. When the boat finally hit the market a few years later, it was a huge disappointment to me and to those who had pre-ordered one or more. The hull is about the only good thing about it. The engine is awful, really bad radio system and no prop nut! A piece of fuel tubing is used to hold the prop on!
    Now there are RTR boats for $100.00 less that are much better. Sorry, but Aeromarine really dropped the ball on this one!

If you're interested, I've got an Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro for sale with little run time on it. The radio has been replaced with a Futaba 2PL, adjustable trim tabs from Offshore Electrics, a Hughey flex cable, Grimracer prop and the strut has been modded to be adjustable. I also have the stock parts.
    Let me know if you're interested. I have pictures and videos of it running before mods.