Nitro MT-2

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Nitro Napalm, Jan 31, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nitro Napalm

Nitro Napalm Member

Hey guyz...i was gonna buy the RTR EVO 3 - on-road...but off-road sounds like a true blast...so im getting the MT-2..by HPI of course..n e ways i was wondering when u break in your engine should it be on grass, tarmac, dust...or what?...can it bee on tarmac with sum potholes and stuff?...any advice wouild be very helpful...o and how do you guyz clean ur trucks wen there muddy? [?] do u use water...doesnt that harm the stuff inside?...o and can i take my truck through water?...thnx again i advance :D
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

It really doesn't matter where you break it in at, just make sure you don't try for any speed records untill you get a couple of tanks ran through first. For cleaning, use nitro cleaner or denatured alchol, just take out the electrics first. As far as water, don't, it will get into the engine and could bend the rod. Mud is ok, if you cover all the electrics.
  3. Nitro Napalm

Nitro Napalm Member

Do you guyz remove every part and clean?...or is it another way? .. o and arnt all electrics coverd in the first place...and nice pic mastmec :D ... o and how do u drive ur truck in he cold...the engine goes out and stalls....
  4. dudex

dudex Member

first off i wouldnt recommend breakin in in the grass because it puts a lot of load on your motor. but otherwise doesnt matter. I just use nitro car cleaner and spray the shiat out of everything. every once in a while its good to take the whole car apart and clean the bearings, redo the diffs and shocks etc. But you dont have to take it apart very often. Water will also rust bearings. If you want to run it in the cold take some alluminum foil and tape it over the heat sink. you will have to experiment with how much to use, and check engine temps to make sure its not overheating, even though if its 30 degrees out it would be hard to overheat it.
  5. Nitro Napalm

Nitro Napalm Member

30 degrees?!...lol this is britain its hardly 20 half of the time...will that damage the engine? ... n e wayz...im getting alot of stuff from different peeps..sum peeps say break it in on concrete others say grass ... what the #@$% am i gonna do'? lol .. and does it really have to be stunning sunlight b4 i go out and play with it?...? :D
  6. dudex

dudex Member

dont do it on grass. Its hard for the motor to go through the grass and during breakin you dont want to strain the motor too much. If the grass is really short like golf green or something then its ok but if the grass is higher than the chassis clearance then its too good. As for the cold try what I said before about the alluminum foil. Didnt realize you were in Britain.
  7. Nitro Napalm

Nitro Napalm Member

[8D]Thnx for the advice, but as for the foil and stuff..ill leave that out until i face sum trouble....it should be ok wiht out it for a while...thnx n e wayz guyz...bin alot of help :D My babys on its way [:p]

[file]mt2_1.jpg,3909,,0[/file]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.