nitro engine opinions

Discussion in 'RC General & Getting Started' started by rcosmax, Oct 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

Im wondering if anyone has any opinions on top of the line rc nirto engines for on road 1/10 cars. I was checking out the fantom engines and they seem to be pretty sweet. Any opinions on this or other engines are welcomed. I love my osmax but I was wondering what other people like. please respond...
  2. nitrosteve

nitrosteve New Member

hey I own a fantom fr15 03 side ex. its in my xxx-nt. I was running a cvr-12 with some mild port work done on it. It was strong but doesnt hold a candle too the power of the fr15. Its tuff to keep the front end on the ground. I thought it was going to be all top end motor because it turns so many rpms but that wasnt the case it has great botton end power and a wicked top end. its a great deal I will buy another when this one is worn out. So far ive run 2 gallons through it all racing. It still has great compression. I run it around 240-260 just like fantom recomends. It seemed alittle warm but it really doesnt run well under 220. I would go for it you love the power. Oh there are guys at the track with rossis mugens sirio's wasps that cant keep up on the top end, there about eqaul on the bottom. Well hope this helps you its just my oppinion what ever thats worth. Good Luck... Oh yeah another selling point is there piston and sleeve replacements are only 35.00 bucks. AT WWW.STORMERHOBBIES.COM
  3. rcosmax

rcosmax Member

Thanks for the reply! checkout the engine porting company that just posted they sound like they do sweet work!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.