Ninjatoe's Mk-II Viper

blake7

This is the first time doing this model, so I hope it turns out ok. It not as easy as I was informed.:rolleyes: Ah well all I can do is my best.:) I didn't run into trouble till I ran into the air ram scoop, but I think It is workable. you see what I mean not in the first 10 pictures, but the next 10. I am also posting in both forums, so if you see this there you know it just me.
01.jpg 02.jpg 03.jpg 04.jpg 05.jpg 06.jpg 07.jpg 08.jpg 09.jpg 10.jpg

blake7

The next 9 pics. I had trouble pushing the internal structure all the way forward, but I think it was the glue tabs in the way, by the time Inoticed it Ialready glued the top of the back on, and there was an 1/18 in gap at the tail, so I made a patch and hope the engines, tailwing, and wings look good after I get them done.
21.jpg 22.jpg 23.jpg 24.jpg 25.jpg 26.jpg 27.jpg 28.jpg

Attachments

• 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 15

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
It looks good.
You are making REALLY GOOD progress on this model!!!
One suggestion. When working with internal former, it is best to sand them down just a little bit. You can use emery boards for that.
KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
Just do not steal your wife/girlfriends emery boards. She may get upset with you. ;)

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Great start on this plane! And sorry for giving you the wrong link; I thought you were building UHU02's version! ;)

blake7

That is ok, I have UHUo2's version, but I think it is a litte beyond me atleast for now.

dnalor

GREAT , a viper build...only wrong type....damn :)
I love that MK-1....this one is to round... (i'm waiting for the Revell-Fan viper)

BUT...it's a great build..nice to see the build..i will follow this, even when it's not star wars (don't tell starbuck :) )

blake7

Thank you dnalor. I am also waiting for Revell Fan. Waiting is always hard, but worth it.:)

starbuck

dnalorwat hing a989191 said:
GREAT a viper build...only wrong type....damn :)
I love that MK-1..universelle.ne is to round... (i'm waiting for the Revell-Fan viper)

BUT...it's a great build..nice to see the build..i will follow this, even when it's not star wars (don't tell starbuck :) )
WHAT? You are watching a BSG threat? I must be dreaming. You will get a BSG fan - I am sure. Very cool ships in BSG universe.Aurora, all the vipers......

blake7

Here are some updated pictures. This is as far as I am. Had some trouble with the fiddlly bits on the tailwing. It didn't turn out the way it was suppose to, but I think it turn out ok. You can't see it till the next three pics which are the last until I make more progress.
38.jpg39.jpg 40.jpg 41.jpg 42.jpg 43.jpg 44.jpg 45.jpg 46.jpg 47.jpg

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
You are making GREAT progress.
This is coming together nicely!!!

blake7

Thanks Rhaven Blaack. It is not perfect, but Ican see I have come a long way since the scooby doo van

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
No one starts out making "PERFECT" models.
My first kit was the Thunder Fighter. It looked like RUBBISH! I continued practicing and (eventually), I was able to improve my skills to a point where I think that I can make a decent model and be proud of it. with that being said, I know that there are people out there that are FAR better then I, but I still strive to improve my skills (not to match or surpass them but to be the best that I can be for me).
The BEST thing about this forum is that we are here to help each other improve and grow in this hobby as a whole.
Not to compete with one another.

The best advice that I can give you (or anyone else for that matter), find a builder that you like, and follow his/her build threads. REALLY pay attention to how they do things. So REAL interest in their work and skills. ASK QUESTIONS! I guarantee that (for the most part) they will be more than willing to help and guide you to improve. As well as share some of their techniques with you.

KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!

blake7

Thank you. I have been watching and learning. Thats how I know I have come aways since my first model. I would have never even thought about building the models I have posted if I had not improved enough to be able to build them to where they aren't too bad, which is why I have been choosing harder models to build. If I did the same model twice it would be better because I know how to do it. Thanks again for the encouragement.

Rhaven Blaack

Staff member
Administrator
To be honest, I do build a model twice (sometimes even more). The first time I build a new model (new to me that is), I will build it "AS-IS". Once I figure out how it goes together and what all I have to work with, I will build it again and (usually) add detail to the model by taking the printed texture and making it into physical texture by layering (raising, recessing or a combination of both) the different parts to get the desired effect that I want. Doing this has REALLY improved my building skills dramatically.
When building a model (for the first time), pay close attention to how it goes together. Look at the printed texture and the spaces that you have. This will tell you how to add details and how far you can go with the details.

So have fun and experiment!