Nickelcreek Southern Layout Update

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by asab501, May 26, 2003.

1. asab501

asab501 New Member

I finished the benchwork this weekend. I chose to model after the Sievers line of benchwork to compare the time and cost. The cost came to $109.44 compared to the approximate cost of $585.80 from Sievers. This is a realized savings of $476.36 which will more than pay for the cost of the Atlas Code 55 track and turnouts which is approximately $388.85. You can visit the Benchwork page at Nickelcreek Southern Railway Co. to see the cost breakdown and all the photos. Here is a sampling photo of one of the modules:

2. Clerk

Clerk Active Member

Charles. It is coming right along. Keep it up.
  3. Tyson Rayles

Tyson Rayles Active Member

Looks good Charles, that's how I built mine except I put shelves across the bottom supports for more storage.
  4. Jim Cullen

Jim Cullen Member

Nice job on the benchwork. Also like your trackplan; think your going to really enjoy it. Keep us informed of your progress. Jim
  5. asab501

asab501 New Member

Thanks for the nice comments everyone. Tyson, that's what I had planned to do. Lord knows we always need extra storage space!
  6. asab501

asab501 New Member

My benchwork is installed in the train room and have installed the backdrop and painted the 1/8" Masonite an initial blue base. Used Kilz Casual Color Flat Interior Acrylic Latex, Base 1, F10, Supernal Blue as the base. I'm pleased with the color, it does look better than the photo shows. Painting the clouds will be the next step.

7. Matthyro

Matthyro Will always be re-membered

It's good to see your progress Charles
    Looking forward to more as your layout develops.
  8. SD90

SD90 Active Member

Me too! Make sure to post updates often!