Nice place you have here...

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Fiver, Apr 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fiver

Fiver New Member

the name's Fiver (it's a long story), I'm from south west Michigan, I'm in my mid 40's and have been modeling in one form or another since I was 3 years of age.

This board is an excellent find! I got here by surfing on free paper models. Being new here, maybe someone can direct me to the best threads on how to get started designing and creating paper kits. The medium is amazing and certainly a lot less expensive than plastic modeling at the moment, even so, in most cases it's really pretty simple to turn a paper kit into a plastic one if you so desire.

In any case, it's good to be here. Thanks for having me.

2. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome Fiver! What kinds of model are you working on now? :D
  3. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Welcome fiver from another Michigander. What genres of models do you build?
  4. Fiver

Fiver New Member

In answer to both quarries;

Science Fiction and real space almost exclusively but you can't be a modeler and stick to just one genre (I can't anyway) and the cool thing about paper modeling is that it seems to encompass almost anything.

I've downloaded everything from the Parthenon to a 45 automatic pistol.

Right now I'm working on that sweet little EVA pod from 2001: a space odyssey, the one with the interior. It's proving pretty difficult but it's such a great kit that it will certainly worth any aggravation.

5. Elliott

Elliott Senior Member

Got any pics you could share with us? We love pics! :mrgreen:

6. Fiver

Fiver New Member

No pics as yet but I did get this groovy video thing for xmas this last year. It's only 3.5 MP but and it sucks in low lighting but I can probably haul everything up into the sunshine or something (paper doesn't weigh much).

Truth to tell, I hadn't thought of doing that. I love it when inspiration strikes in some other form than a severe blow to the skull!

I'll see what I can do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.