Nice Looking Cessna 172 skyhawk (1999)

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by GEEDUBBYA, Feb 21, 2005.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Hey Guys,

I recieved an email the otherday about a cessna 172 that someone had found. If I am not mistaken, it was modeled in white and green.
    Well, this is one that I came across while surfing a few weeks back, and seeing that one in the email, I decided to go save and print this one that I had found. It is modeled in red and whiteand the engine cowling looks abit more "real" than did the green and white version. (not knocking anyones designs, I know they are a hard thing to make).
    Anyway, you will find the link below the first page has a photo of the actual plane, the next page or second link had the download for the model and some on line instructions (the instructions are of a "white model") The download is red and white. = pg1 contains photo = pg2 contains download (pdf in blue) and online instructions (instruction DO come with the printed files though).

Again, when I win we all win, I share the wealth. Happy modeling.

2. FredZ KSAC

FredZ KSAC Member

Just for your info, I built this 172 about a year ago and it makes up to a very nice model. It appears to be an advertisement for a european telephone company. You sure seem to be enjoying the hobby of paper models - it just grows on you. I started with a collection of kits my buddy brought back from Germany in 1964 and I am still working on them.

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Fred,

Thanks for the info, I started construction on this model this morning right after the posting of this topic. And yes, I am hooked on card modeling.
    I tend to go to the extremes when I do things, for years while I was married, I built plastic models of 1:48 - 1:35 scale airplanes tanks and helicopters and the occassional 1:72 scale. It got to the point that I am able to complete the plastic models in a very few hours depending on the models. At one point I had 127 various plastic models ( finally, it got to where I couldnt find any I had not build before) and I started looking out of town in hobby shops. Well, they had the same models in other towns as they did in mine so I started ordering plastic kits from squadron models out of texas (look in google) bur they took too long for this impatient person to get here.
    Now that I found card modeling, Its only minutes between the time I see something I might wish to build and the time I actually start construction......and this is by far a cheaper (cost wise) hobby.
    Anyway, I will post pics of this cessna when I finish.

happy modeling,

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would drop a line letting you know how this plane is progressing. My camera batteries are currently dead, but I have the fuselage complete and working on the wings now. the wingspan on this model is approx. 15" and the length of the plane is approx. 1 foot ( or 12 inches).
    Its a really nice looking plane, and is larger than I had originally thought.
    Anyway, I will send photos when I get batteries for the camera.