Nice eBay win

Cool look what I just got for $12.00

Dcp19304.jpg

LoudMusic

Jul 21, 2006
Wow, $4 a piece. Or another way to look at it, $0.50 / wheel!

That's the kind of deal you wish you could make happen ten times.

CCT70

Jun 25, 2003
Cool beans! Are those Model Power or the Roundhouse cars? :wave:

Something cool about Harriman cars...

this Auction Offeres A Set Of 3 playart "ho" Scale canadian Pacific Cpr Passenger Cars.
They All Measure 9-1/4" Long, Not Including The Hitch.
One Car Has A Loose Plexi Window Strip, So The Windows Look Like They Are Open 1/4 Way.
They All Have Detailed Interiors, With Seating. Each Has 4 Axles.

I JUST NEW IT WAS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE.

Just got an email from the seller saying
" Andy
Bad news, I pulled on a extension cord this morning, and it was caught on a
shelving unit, which as a result toppled over. Your train cars where
smashed, along with many other things.

I will be sending you a full refund today, sorry for the disappointment.
"

BS.......

I e-mailed him back to show me a pic, and he said "The shelf also landed on my camera"

BS.......

I e-mailed him back, send me the cars anyway. And he replies, "Sorry I throw them out already"

BS.......

AVOID this ebay person devpin Devron Gibbon

TruckLover

Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer
Apr 14, 2006
Rancho Santa Margarita, Cali.
I really do hate people like this Devron guy how make up make up stories as they go!!:curse: :curse: :curse:

I have been screwed over before on e-bay to and it was over $110.00 and I never saw my money again and he took several other peoples money too. He has since been suspended from e-bay.

train1

Jan 19, 2005
ontario
The seller sounds like a sore loser who didn't get what HE wanted for them in auction.
Don't let it discourage you from searching for that special item again. I have bought alot on the 'bay due to manufacturer's 'limited runs' from years back and have been fortunate to deal with honest people.

hoppercarmaker

Oct 19, 2006
I don't trust any ebayer that has thier history private as devpin does.
It seems to me they have something to hide.
It may be a privacy thing for a few....but that few are'nt gettin money.

Cornreaper

Apr 26, 2006
Barrie, ON
I had a similar eBay experience in the summer...I won a brand-new LifeLike GP-38 for $9 from an estate auction. A couple of weeks later I sent an email asking for an ETA. I got a response telling me that the loco must've accidentally been taken to be sold at a live auction. I got a refund, but people, if you don't put a reserve on your items, then you have to deal with the possibility of a low winning bid!

Another sore-loser tactic I have endured is inflated shipping costs to compensate for a low selling price. (in this case a camcorder battery charger) Sorry, but it does not cost $11.50 to ship something that weighs less than a quarter of a pound into Canada via snail mail, and it certainly doesn't cost another $5 to throw a handful of packing peanuts into a second-hand box, aka the "handling fee". My bad for not confirming first, but that's just rediculous.

ScottyB

Dec 12, 2004
Mount Pleasant, WI
Just be sure to report this incident to eBay jasbourre. I know they are trying their best to crack down on this kind of stuff as it deters people from using the site.

That seller is just counting on people to give up and not report it.

And always, always, always read feedback. If it's private, it's a no-go for me.

Don't let it deter you from browsing eBay. There are good deals to be had every now and then.

Scott