Nice collection of free models

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Ashrunner, Jul 8, 2005.

1. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Haven't seen this posted yet, and thought it was a good one for everyone. I bought most of these models several years ago, and although I haven't made any of them, they look like good ones to build.

Note the information on the first page...

or get them at...

While you're there, don't forget to check out some of the fine kits he has for sale.
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Thanks for the heads-up Ashrunner!

I've got several of Kancho's designs. The Rex was the very first card model I bought!

Thanks Koncho...........please keep up the good work!
  3. AdamN

AdamN Member

I built the SU-1 more than a year ago, and it went together great. I love his models, they are just the right amount of detail with the quickness of build I really like. They look great, and they go together quickly and precisely.

Keep it up Kancho!
  4. Darwin

Darwin Member

Kancho, if you are reading....a very sincere and hardy thank you.
  5. Gil

Gil Active Member

What a sparkling and enlightened gesture! I am continously impressed with the calibre and politeness of those dedicated to this art. Many an attitude is improved through international interpersonal relations as shown through such an example. Please accept our thanks for your gracious and unfettered generosity.

Warmest regards, Gil
  6. RyanShort1

RyanShort1 Member

I'm grateful as well! They are very nice!

Can't wait to do one of those PBYs when I have some extra spare time.

7. jyduchene

jyduchene Member

I have tried several times today to connect to Kancho's site without success. I time out without connecting each time. I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this. I gather that the PBY is on the flight line and I am afraid it will take off without me. Thanks, John
  8. Darwin

Darwin Member

John, one thing about this group....we can crash anyone's server. I've been having on-and-off luck on connecting. It reminds me of the Fiddlers Green server when they post a new Magic Keys file. Give it a day or two, and things will settle back to a dull roar. You will be happy as a pig in slop when you finally do connect (and plan to spend a little time when you do), as there are a bunch of different PBY versions available. It doesn't look like Kancho plans on making this a limited-time availability, so I don't think we have any worry about not eventually getting the full collection. I wonder if he will add the Banshee to the collection?
  9. Alcides

Alcides Member

I just downloaded the models and I don't have any problems. A litle slow the change from page to page in the download site but the download speed was ok.

10. wingsbg

wingsbg Member

Hello, Friends
    I'm glad you like my old models. Sure - it isn't time limited - these old models will be available freely for ever :)))))))) (I hate that word 'ever').
    And of course, Darwin, Banshee, SeaHawk and Starfighter will be there too, but may be after the week. I'm very busy with my new project.
    I'm continue designing, but there are some reasons for the long delay without new production:
    1. I'm very bussy in my day work.
    2. I have done new release of my software routines.
    3.When the devlopment of new plane model (sb2c Helldiver) was in the middle i was dawn on of greate idea i think. And I temporary stoped the Helldiver's devlopment and start with new one. I won't share it yet, because I hope you'll see the realisation very soon. I only tell you that the subject is Star Wars, but it isn't ship or figure :))))
    4. Chip ordered some design for his models and I'm working on it too.

Best regards

11. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Thanks for the update Kancho.

I'm sure folks will be sitting on the edge of their seat waiting for the next series of models to be released...especially the F-104. I have built that model at least six times, each time getting better and better at it.

You mentioned you worked on new a "release of my software routines" and that has me curious. What type of software is it? Is it paper model related? If it is, is it available to those of us wanting to design our own models?

Finally, thanks again for releasing your older designs.
  12. Janusz

Janusz Member

Hi everyone
    I tried downloading the models but to no avail all I can get is a small php archive 5 or so Kb big and I can not open it
    Any clue as to what is happening - I had no problem with Kancho´s free weapons
    Any advice would be of great value in this valley of sorrow

13. wingsbg

wingsbg Member

Hi again

My software routines are extensions for AutoCAD writen on C++ by using native for AutoCAD ARX library. The routines maintain some aspects not covered in core of Autocad as spreading the surfaces and section and projection on surfaces. These routines is similar to Dr. Zarkov's 'SurfMaster' but this one is my resolve of the mentionned problems.
    It isn't for sale, because it isn't user frendly interface.

About download problems - I don't know where is the problem - After I have uploaded the models I have tryed to download some of them and I haven't any problems. I checked and saw that many people have successfuly download the models too. Of course overload problems are possible.

Best regards

14. maple 01

maple 01 New Member

Many thanks Kancho, you're a gent
  15. wingsbg

wingsbg Member

b.t.w., Janusz
    I suppose you got bad assotiation with some of your instaled programs, whu trys to interprete php and not let to the explorrer to proceed on usual way. About weapons project - it is clear - the files is on my site and there aren't php scripts. The old free models as you see are uploaded on free file hosting server.

16. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

Kancho...thanks for the information on your software routines. I was mostly curious about them just to know more about modeling software capabilities of the various designers. I had thought you used AutoCAD in your design process.

Janusz...are you trying to save from the initial page by right clicking on "Download"? The link there leads you to another site where you select the download you want. If your problem is on that page, try clicking on the link you want to download, and let the PDF file load. Then you can select save in Reader or the PDF reading program which the file loads in, and save it from there. I hope this helps...Kancho's designs are great.
  17. jyduchene

jyduchene Member

Thanks much Kancho,

I was finally able to connect. Tried for two days with my cable connection and then out of frustration went to my aircard. It was then able to connect. At any rate your generosity is to be commended. I apprciate it very much and I have been following the thread and feel an obligation to make a puchase. The F104 has been a favoorite of my for years this will be the one. Thanks again, John
  18. ShaunGamer

ShaunGamer Member

Thanks Kancho,

I also felt the need to purchase, and satisfied my desire with the Me-410A-1 (Hornisse). Freebies are always appreciated, but are missing that supreme satisfaction you get when completing a model you paid good money for.
  19. wingsbg

wingsbg Member

Friends, today 01/Aug/2005 I posted the last one - F-104G.

Best regards

20. Nikolai Golovachev

Nikolai Golovachev New Member

Kancho, thank You very much for the models! Great kits!
    Keep on designing and modeling!

Дорогой Канчо, БОЛЬШОЕ спасибо Вам за модели! Я впечатлён качеством Ваших разработок.
    Удачи и успехов в творчестве!