Next scenery project part 2

Vic

Feb 1, 2002
Columbus GA
Visit site
Shale

Hi Tyson and Sir Prize, I've seen those vertical out croppings before in fact there is a formation of them not too far from here.

On the narrow gauge D&RGW there was a formation of them at one location. The train crews reffered to the as "Hoo Doos" because they were real spooky looking at night when the loco's headlight would shine on them:D

Just another "tidbit" from my vault of useless knowledge!!:D :D :D :eek:

Sir_Prize

Mar 4, 2001
Port Charlotte,Florida
Visit site
I'm mostly sure I saw some like that in N.C. It was up at the border. Around Toccoa, GA and then Ashville, N.C. Greater around the Tenn. area I admit.
I keep rembering it on I-75. Yea that's Mid-Tenn. , but did see some in that Tri-State area of GA, TN, and N.C.
I was at Toccoa for a semister of College. Weekends me and a buddy would travel the backroads enjoying the mountains. Oh, well... It's yer' rail. I just thought it might put a break in things.
Than again the Town looks to be right below that.
Sooo.... Something higher up would draw attention away from it.
Soooo.... no harm no foul.:rolleyes:

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Sir Prize I'm sure you saw something like that somewhere around here. My point was its unusal, not common place and when you put something like that on your layout you have to explain it to everybody that comes thru the door. I'll leave the unusal for billk to do! :D :D :D :D :D :D

eightyeightfan1

Now I'm AMP'd
Jun 18, 2002
Torrington, Ct.
Where did you get the Fiber?

Looks real good.Ihave a couple of background hills to forest and was wondering what kind of fiber you were using. Woodland Sceneics? Making a bunch of tree kits and planting them does'nt appeal to me. Looks like that might be a time saver.

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
Yeah Chessie, they are WS's. The "kits" are a piece of poly fiber, some foam and a toothpick! :D No big deal you can make 75 per hour if you hustle! If you go to the S&B forum and look for a thread called "Eastern Forests and Steep Ridges" it explains everything. 88 Glad to know it gave you the urge to load up and head out. :D