Next project is continue...

Discussion in 'Aircraft & Aviation' started by NOBI, May 22, 2006.

1. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Next project is continue with X-Birds Series again...Vultee XP-54 "Swoose Goose" mesh is done in metaseq, import to unfold in Rhino next. E2C Hawkeye is still in testbuild now, take time to build because model is big and many parts to assemble :)

2. Texman

Texman Guest

XP-54!! OUTSTANDING!! This will go great with the xp-55 and xp-56!
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Cool! I agree with Texman!
  4. Stev0

Stev0 Active Member

is this the aircraft that H Huges was trying to sell to the american military during ww2?
  5. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

The Hughes aircraft was the XF-11. Similar look in design with the twin booms, but the XP-54 has a pusher engine and the XF-11 had two engines on the front of each boom similar to the P-38.

And I agree...the XP-54 is going to go good with the other XP's available. 8v) Great looking mesh NOBI!

6. Bengt F

Bengt F Active Member

Hughes XF-11 Air Force Experimental Reconnaisance Aircraft

Here´s a pic of the XF-11 reconnaisance aircraft (in which Howard Hughes crashed in Beverly Hills, LA, by the way):

And here´s a three-way view of the same aircraft:
  7. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Vultee XP-54 "Swoose Goose"

Type: High-altitude Interceptor
    Origin: Vultee
    Crew: One
    Model: XP-54, Model 84
    First Flight:
    First Prototype: January 15, 1943
    Second Prototype: May 24, 1944
    Production: 2 Prototypes

Model: Lycoming XH-2470-1
    Type: Liquid-cooled engine
    Number: One Horsepower: 2,300 hp

Wing span: 53 ft. 10 in.
    Length: 54 ft. 8.75 in.
    Height: 14 ft. 6 in.
    Lifting Surface Area: 455.5 sq. ft.

Empty: 15,262 lb.
    Loaded: 18,233 lb.
    Maximum: 19,337 lb.

Maximum Speed:
    381 mph at 28,300 ft.
    290 mph at sea level
    Initial Climb Rate: 2,300 ft./min.
    Service Ceiling: 37,000 ft.
    Time to 32,100 ft.: 27.7 minutes

Armament: Proposed
    Two 37mm T-12/T-13 cannon
    Ammunition: 60 rounds per gun.
    Two .50 M2 machine guns
    Ammunition: 500 rounds per gun.

8. Super! or as we say it in Dutch , Helemaal te gek!
    Billy leliveld
  9. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

After finish create mesh in metaseq then I import mesh into Rhino and trace all line prepare for unfold :)

10. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Surface applied

After finish trace all necessay line, time to add surface into. I use sweep2rail and loft to create surface in Rhinoceros. Next job to do is add panel line and marking then unfold :)

11. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

I just update picture of Northrop XP-56 "Black Bullet" for people who miss another XP series at

Fiat G.55 "Centauro"'s picture also there too...8)
  12. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Tonight I work a little bit on XP-54...I add panelline into surface prepare to unfold but today Im very tried and need to rest. I will testbuild E2C Hawkeye a little bit before go to bed :p testbuild's picture will post soon

13. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Today I have chance to unfold and arrange Vultee XP-54 Swoose Goose in A4 page...use 4 A4 pages for all parts (not include connection strip) will print and testbuild along with E2C Hawkeye tonight but now I have toothache and it hurt me very much...anybody know how to reduce this hurt :( please...

14. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Hi, Nobi!:)

Very sorry to hear about your toothache...they can be disabling, I know.
    Besides the obvious suggestion that you go to a dentist before you get an infection that could be even more serious, in the mean time you might want to try applying an ice pack to the area and avoid very hot, cold or sweet drinks and foods if they increase your pain.

For non-prescription drugs, try taking an Acetaminophen (such as Tylenol or Panadol), or a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug (such as Ibuprofen (Advil or Motrin), or Aspirin (also a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug)...assuming, of course, you have no allergic reaction to any of these suggestions.

I hope some of these suggestions help.

Hope you feel better soon...and have a chance to finish up your current projects.

Take care,
  15. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Thank you very much Jim, I feel better now and will go to see dentist soon

Finally I finish unfold and arrange all part of Vultee XP-54 "Swoose Goose" include connection strip and 3 views drawing for instruction diagram. Print betatest out now...will post any progress later.

16. Jim Krauzlis

Jim Krauzlis Active Member

Hi, NOBI!

Glad you're feeling better and hope the Dentist can give you a more permanent cure.

How is the EC beta build coming along? Just curious, I know you have your plate full.

Take care,
  17. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Half fuselage done for Vultee XP-54 Swoose Goose testbuild everything go very well, I also add some weight in nose to make my model can stand with all landing gear not a tail sitter :)

18. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Hey Nobi,

For your toothache, as a temporary relief of pain, get some cloves out of the spices in the kitchen. They are little, black, bumpy seeds about the size of a popcorn kernel.
    I think they are used for soups.
    There is some kind of naturally occuring chemical in them that deadens nerves.
    Just put one clove between your cheek and gum right below the tooth that hurts. It will take between 5 - 15 minutes for it to work.
    It doesn't taste very good, but I guarantee it will work. I've done it before myself.
    Don't use this to put off the dentist though!
    I hope you get to feeling better real quick and I hope you have some cloves too!
  19. tausugAir

tausugAir Member

Russell, I think I may have been sympathizing with Nobi! My tooth ached too. And I relieved it using... CLOVES, crushed and heated-up in a very small amount of cooking oil.... But, nothing beats removing it as Nobi says....Best to all (hope I didn't go far from our subject??!!)

20. NOBI

NOBI Active Member

Today I will update picture of Vultee XP-54 Swoose Goose again (and E2C Hawkeye later) I finish fuselage and add canopy... also install wing :) everything go very well only engine housing what cause some difficulty but it's ok now...