Next addition to The Academy?

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Originally posted by Dave Hagan
I know we've been a bit slow dealing with members suggestions to the Academy. With Shamus back on board we'll try to add at least one new thread every week.

Regards
Dave Hagan

You guys are ambitious...

I was aiming for maybe one a month! LOL

Thanks again, and congrats Val!

Andrew

jwmurrayjr

Thanks for the work on rebuilding th academy!

This is very timely for me and I'm sure it will be valuable for "generations of model railroaders to come".:)

Really!

Thanks,

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
September Addition?

Well, it is almost the end of the month...

With all the excellent modelling done in the past several weeks, what sticks out as the next addition to The Academy?

Any suggestions / seconds?

Here are some ideas to get you thinking...

HOn30 0-6-0 teakettle steamer from shaygetz

Just another water tower by jimmybeersa

Fullard Glass Co. by the prolific Matthyro, along with his J. BROWN coal mine.

Good discussion and pictures about Street Light Telephone pole by eightyeightfan1

Ballasting Track on the PoorFork RR by Charlie, as well as Tunnels, Rockwork, & Ground Cover on the PoorFork RR, and Forested Hills & Fall Foliage

And Ray Marrinaccio's Restoration of AT&SF #3780 in N-scale.

That's just a sample! Please nominate others that have helped and/or inspired you in the past month!

Andrew

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
We need your help!

Will anybody second any of these choices for The Academy?

Which inspired you this month? What was the most helpful? Which taught you the most?

Thanks!

Andrew

davidstrains

I second Tyson's second. I think that they all were good. I am partial to the Matthyro scratch builds but the rest have appeal for other parts of the layout.

shamus

Registered Member
The next addition for the Academy will be Jon Monon's tutorial on the "Gimp" a photo editing (Free) program. As soon as its ready, I will pop it in.

Part 2 of the tutorial by Jon will soon be taking place.

Shamus

MasonJar

It's not rocket surgery
Well, another month gone already!

Any suggestions form all the work (and there is a bunch!) done in November that stands out as the next addition to The Academy?

Andrew

RailRon

My proposal for December:

''0n30 turnout kitbash' by Lighthorseman.

Excellent tutorial in easy steps, excellent photographs, and useful for all those 'n30' fans - also for the conversion of N scale turouts to H0n30.

Ron