Newer style cars (automobiles)

Clark A.

Seems like most cars(automobiles) on the market today are older, like 1950s. My layout needs to focus on a town meaning lots of cars. They need to be modern. Are there any makers of modern day cars, like that Atlas Taurus(which i think is poorly done)?

jetrock

I think that whatever era of car one is looking for tends to disappear when people look for cars...I mostly look for 40's-50's HO scale cars and when I go look for vehicles for my layout all I see are modern ones.

A good place to start is the Walthers catalog--they have a section just for scale vehicles which covers a lot of modern territory.

JBBVry

Clark A. said:
Seems like most cars(automobiles) on the market today are older, like 1950s. My layout needs to focus on a town meaning lots of cars. They need to be modern. Are there any makers of modern day cars, like that Atlas Taurus(which i think is poorly done)?

50's and 60's and some 70's cars is what i see mostly too. my layout is set late 40's maybe up to about 53 and trting to find stuff like that is just as bad as finding stuff made after the 1990's if you have a local shop check there i can't think of the maker but i did just see some nice 2004 cars at the shop the other day.

2slim

Clark
Walthers is a good source, but I usually buy from this company;Truck Stop Models They have a good selection and are fairly priced and they don't take as long to get stuff from. All they carry is HO Automobiles, Trucks, Trailers and related accessories.

2slim :thumb:

jetrock

Late Forties vehicles are kind of rare, partially because civilian cars really weren't built from '42-'45 and it took a while to retool back to civilian use! 1930's era cars, a little beat-up, fit in such a setting, as well as a few surplus Jeeps and deuce-and-a-half trucks running around.

spitfire

Clark, a lot of the German companies like Busch, Herpa and Wiking make modern cars. They're really well detailed too. Taurus's, Minivans, SUV's etc. at least in HO. You don't mention what scale you're in, which would help some :)

If you do happen to be in HO there's the 1:87 Vehicle Club. What I like about that site is that it lists new releases.

Val

Woodie

Are these the sorts of things you are looking for?

A pic of mine in my "My New Porche" thread. http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=11549

Someone, somehow dumped boxes and boxes of these things on the Australian market. $10 AUS ($7.50 US) for boxes of 10 of them. And HO scale too. Fair enough, they are European and British cars, but they are "new" in the sense you are asking, and very well detailed and put together. Ebay was full of them, and so was every toy shop had shelves and shelves of them. Not sure if there are any left, though. :(

I bought 50 of them. (cars, not boxes :eek: ) They also did boxes of old Volkswagon ("Beetles") and Kombi vans.

I'll see what I can find.

Clark A.

Exactly!

Woodie said:
Are these the sorts of things you are looking for?

A pic of mine in my "My New Porche" thread. http://www.the-gauge.com/showthread.php?t=11549

Someone, somehow dumped boxes and boxes of these things on the Australian market. $10 AUS ($7.50 US) for boxes of 10 of them. And HO scale too. Fair enough, they are European and British cars, but they are "new" in the sense you are asking, and very well detailed and put together. Ebay was full of them, and so was every toy shop had shelves and shelves of them. Not sure if there are any left, though. :(

I bought 50 of them. (cars, not boxes :eek: ) They also did boxes of old Volkswagon ("Beetles") and Kombi vans.

I'll see what I can find.
Exactly what I want!