Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
Welcome to the forum.
You have come to the right place. We have a HUGE Sci-Fi community here.
Is there a particular Sci-Fi movie or series that is your favorite?
Be sure to post photos of your builds.
If you need any help or advice, please feel free to ask. We will do what we can to help you (or at least point you in the right direction to where you can find what you are looking for.
Once again, welcome aboard.

Z

Zathros

:welcome1: to the forum BONEY! We love SciFi too. I think this IS the best SciFi paper model forum on the internet. Other places may be bigger, but I think after seeing the 300th Spitfire model, I just about had enough! (then again, it depends on who is building it!):)

Rhaven Blaack

!!!THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Jun 12, 2009
Oregon
www.deviantart.com
You can build what ever you want to build.
As for skills and being good as everyone else. That comes with practice.
When I first came here, I too looked around and thought to myself, "What the frak have I gotten myself into?" I just started building models that I like, posted build thread, and took on board what everyone told me about my models (good, bad, and indifferent).
I am far from being an expert (and I know that I have a TON of things still to learn about this wonderful hobby), but I am still cranking out models and enjoying every minute of it.
You should never let the advanced skills of other modelers intimidate you or scare you off. On the contrary though, you should be inspired by those builders and what they build and post to help you improve. I have gone through (almost) every thread here and learned quite a bit from MANY GREAT modelers. In the short time that I have been here, I would have to say that my skill have improved GREAT. With that being said, (and as I said before), I still have quite a bit more to learn.
So by all means, find something that you like and want to build and just do it. If you have problems, you can post your questions and problems in the forum, or if there is someone that (you think) can help you, send that person a private message (PM).
Just to let you know that my first kit was the Thunder Fighter from Buck Roger in the 25th Century. If you are interested, you can find the model here: http://www.paperaviation.de/Science-Fiction/science-fiction.html

You had also said that you like BSG, you can find quite a few models here as well: http://stevespaper.com/

Well, good luck with your builds and I look forward to seeing your work.

If you have any more questions, you can send me a PM.