NewBie Pls Help

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by SiDeWaYz, May 29, 2005.

1. SiDeWaYz

SiDeWaYz Guest

Hi i just purchased a tamiya tt-01 chasis it came with the body and everything i just want to know if its good for beginner drifting???and what do i need to buy to make it a good drift car...thanks a lot!More HP to you guyz
  2. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

TT-01's are great for starting. They dont require much pre-knoledge. As for the help on tips and such, the best thing to do would be lurk the boards. We have tons of great tips and tricks around the fourms. Also, check out the main site. There are many great starter tips and set up tips there for many chassis styles. If you have any specific questions, please, feel free to ask at any time, i personally would be willing to help.
  3. SiDeWaYz

SiDeWaYz Guest

thanks dude i printed a lot of stuff from this site im almost done with my kit...what kind of controller should i buy i want a good one tho....im planning to buy the aluminum or metal proppeler shaft should i get it???
    thanks for the tips.....this site help me a lot
  4. SpArKeY_STi

SpArKeY_STi Guest

Im not sure what you mean by propeler shaft. As goes controlers, the best thing to do would be shop around, look at stats and compaire to what you want. Me, i use a $300 KO Propo Mars EX-1. Second to the Helios ($400). You can get anything and be fine, its just what features you want on it. Example, Only the Top end controlers (Mars EX-1, Helios, 3PK, M8) have such features as ABS, steering curve, and can store info for multipul cars. Also it depends on if you want pistol grip or stick. Sticks are REALLY hard to find with good features, cheap. Sticks are mostly used for Boats, Planes, and Heli's. So deside on how much it is you have to spend, and shop around to find what features there are, find what ones you really want, and then look for controlers in that range.

For some guidlines however, Go with FM! Its MUCH better then AM for many many reasons. Dont go for the TX with EVERY feature known to man. Tho its good to have them, it makes it worse if you dont know what your doing with them. On the EX-1 it has level settings to where only some features come into play and are programmable. Make sure its confortable. Some days you may do a 5-6 hour driving marathon in your yard, and it can get painful on your hands.