Newbie/Oldbie Question

cpeters1

Apr 1, 2006
I have not done HO trains in 30 years since I was a kid. I pulled out all my old stuff, and now am getting my kids up to speed. Of course my new layout is light years ahead of my simple loop from when I was a kid. But my question seems so basic, I hate to ask.

My controller has 12V DC and 16V AC outputs as well as the variable output for the track. Which (12VDC or 16VAC) should I use for the track splits. Both seem to work just fine, but for the life of me I can't seem to find this anywhere on the net.

shaygetz

May 2, 2003
www.freewebs.com
cpeters1 said:
I have not done HO trains in 30 years since I was a kid. I pulled out all my old stuff, and now am getting my kids up to speed. Of course my new layout is light years ahead of my simple loop from when I was a kid. But my question seems so basic, I hate to ask.

My controller has 12V DC and 16V AC outputs as well as the variable output for the track. Which (12VDC or 16VAC) should I use for the track splits. Both seem to work just fine, but for the life of me I can't seem to find this anywhere on the net.

Welcome to The Gauge:wave:

12 volts DC is for the trains, 16 volts AC is for your accessories. You may have a fixed 12 volt DC output for DC accessories.

L

lester perry

DC accessories would be motorized turntable, oil well, draw bridge ect.