Newbie Needs Recommendation

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by Bigbandito, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bigbandito

Bigbandito New Member

Hey folks!

Just found out about card models - just joined the forum. Pretty cool (both card models and the forum).

I'm interested in trying out this hobby and wondered if any of you could recommend a good first model for me. I downloaded a free ship model from digital navy, but am concerned about my ability to construct it (especially since there are NO instructions or tips).

Thanks for your help
    Bigbandito :)
  2. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

They have some free downloads................but the models are very inexpesive......... it's a good place to start......
  3. Bowdenja

Bowdenja Active Member

Oh............. Welcome to the site and the hobby!

I think you are going to be surprised.............. and if you got any questions ask........ these guys are very freindly.
  4. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome! You found a treasure trove :) how about before we give you some options you let us know what kinds of models interest you - there is easy to super complx in every type of card model - planes, ships, animals, buildings etc etc etc :)
  5. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

Welcome Bigbandito!

Try it has links to THOUSANDS of free card/paper models. You can choose your category or browse the new models. The thumblinks show whether there are instructions for each model. Sometimes they show the difficulty level.

For your first, I might reccommend Prudenziati's free downloads, there are cars, planes, a sailboat and a train. All are very simple.

There's the Webdudes free papercraft also, (he's a member here) these come with instructions.

Just to name a few...WELCOME!
  6. Bigbandito

Bigbandito New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I like planes (WWII - 1960s), tanks (WWII), and ships (any), but I'm willing to try anything (except maybe a mailbox :grin:).

Thanks for your suggestions
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Yes indeed, is an excellent resource :) Do peruse that to help descide what you want to make.

If you want some easy yet very satisfying ww2 airplanes try this site....
    They are nice and small and can be built in a day pretty easily - I was able to build them in 4 hours between calls when I worked at the helpdesk on saturdays (saturdays were nice and slow when I worked there)

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy Bandito,

Welcome to the forum.

No mailbox huh? Gee, and Ralp Currell offers a nice Canadian mailbox on his site for free download:

There are also models of Airships (really big blimps lol) and rockets there too.
    You might try looking at models here: you can see models of other types by clicking on the left side of the page to navigate.

Have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  9. John Griffin

John Griffin Member

Try if you like WWII AC, especially Imperial Japanese. They do e-delivery.

I just ordered a bunch of models from They have the plane the Red Baron flew, but lots of other types- cars, tanks, ships.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.