Newbie needs help with S-3

Discussion in 'General Card Modeling' started by 3Turner, Jun 13, 2006.

1. 3Turner

3Turner Member

Hello, I have been a long time lurker and am now a first time poster. I discovered card models mid last year and have come to this site every now and again...then finally signed up yesterday. I made plastic models when I was young and have now dived into card models that are pretty simple. Partly because my 3 yr old son takes possession of all completed models I do...they end up crushed in a matter of hours. I have finished Nobi's A-36 (great model by the way) but now I am trying to do the S-3.

On the S-3, I have connected 1-6 and then started the rear wheel well (part 16, 16a & 16b) which fit nicely. Now, here is my dilema, where does part 15 go? As it is, I have an empty front wheel well that I assume 15 is the part for, but it does not seem to fit since the body and part 15 are not the same shape. I figured that parts 34 & 35 are the gear doors on the rear and 36 has to be the front gear door, but again, the parts are not the same shape. Am I supposed to trim to fit the pieces? Any help would appriciated, thanks in advanced.

P.S. I thought I saw some pictures of the completed model some where, but I can not seem to find them now. Pictures of the completed model would also help.
  2. 3Turner

3Turner Member

Wow, 64 views and no help on the S-3? Anybody?

GEEDUBBYA Active Member

Howdy 3turner,

I would suggest that you send the designer.....NOBI a private message thru the forum .
    Just click on his name anywhere in the forum and then when his member stats page comes up, scroll down and look on right side for "send private message", click that and then type your message. NOBI is very good at helping when he can. And since he designed the model in question, I bet he can help a little lol j/j.

Hope this helps, have a good day,

Greg aka GW
  4. Ashrunner

Ashrunner Member

As GW mentioned, send NOBI a PM about the problem. I haven't attempted this model so I can't help you, but I do know NOBI will. The S-3 was his first model and one he is rather proud of.

5. Amazyah

Amazyah Senior Member

Hello 3Turner,
    Welcome to the forum!

I was wondering where you got the S3 from?

I looked on Nobi's site because you sparked my interest in this model but the S3 is not available. There is no link for download.

Did you find it on a different site?

6. Alcides

Alcides Member

7. 3Turner

3Turner Member

Thanks for the repliles everyone. I think I will PM Nobi my question. That picture I was talking about was the one on the Warpaper website, unfortunately it is not close enough for detail.

Again thanks.