Newbie looking for Ball Bearing Wheels LGB

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Flannigan's, Jan 5, 2006.

1. Flannigan's

Flannigan's New Member

I am new to the forum. I own a restaurant in Coralville, Ia and have 2 large layouts in our sports bar. When we purchased the restaurant neither trains were running. Having several HO layouts in the past, I had a working knowledge of the hobby so I got the 2 trains running. They run in opposite directions on 2 tracks around the perimeter of the restaurant. I had to purchase 2 new loco's ( I ended up buying 4 to alternate) which were all nice LGB engines. They work great. I had about 20 cars that had to be reworked, but I rebuilt them with spare parts and they run OK.
    :confused: Here is my problem. These trains run 8+ hours a day. I clean the track twice a week and keep up on the maintenance. I was wondering if anyone had a line on some Ball Bearing Wheels for the cars. I am trying to reduce the friction so the I can increase the # of cars on each engine and reduce the small amount of squeeking around the turns. Beacuse I have several managers I have to make the layout as trouble free as possible. I have already had 1 loco burn up beacause one manager didn't notice the train had derailed (due to a coaster that had been tossed up on the track).
    Thanks for your help.
    Dave Petsel
  2. Steamtom1

Steamtom1 Member

Go to the LGB website, and search for part number 67403. It's under the LGB & TOYTRAIN Products button.
  3. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

You may want to add a fast acting circuit breaker between your transformer and the track. That way if you have another derailment, the breaker will trip and save your engine. :thumb:
  4. TinGoat

TinGoat Ignorant know it all

G-Scale wheels

Hi Dave,

I got my G-Scale Wheels from an ebay auction:

ebay G-Scale Wheels

Even after shipping, conversion from USD to CAD and customs tax, I paid less than half what they are going for locally... :thumb: