Newbie from Scotland

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by seamfiller, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seamfiller

seamfiller New Member

Hi. I’m Rob and I live near Aberdeen in Scotland.

I have been modelmaking all my life, introduced to it by my father. He makes models mainly of WW1 and between wars aircraft. He’s never used a computer and designs his own models from scratch using drawings from books and plans.

I have not done much card modelling myself (at least not for many years), working mainly in plastic, resin and wood and my main interests are in Scifi and real space. But for me the fun is the doing.

Because of a lack of processing power, I’m not in a position to design my own models yet, but maybe sometime.

This looks to be a great site and I look forward to learning loads more.
  2. Gearz

Gearz Member

Welcome to the forums Rob! I'm sure you'll find it a great place with great people!

I'm not sure about modelling with the 'P' and 'R' words (shiver) but
    iz wood iz good! iz paper iz perfect ! ... lol
    :-D :-D
  3. Clashster

Clashster Member

Welcome Rob! Great place to learn about card modeling! Enjoy!

4. chapuzas100

chapuzas100 Member

Welcome and hi from Spain
  5. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold! Glad you found your way to our little corner of the internet. Looking forward to seeing some of your (and your fathers) work :D
  6. George B

George B Senior Member

Hi Rob,

I'm fairly new here too and am enjoying myself. It's a great place with wonderful people who share the same passion. Have fun!
  7. SCEtoAux

SCEtoAux Member

Have a nice time here at the farm. :grin:
  8. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Welcome Rob,

Be careful...this hobby can be seriously addictive.

Although I've been building models out of paper and cardboard since I was a kid (before I knew there was such thing as paper modelling), I'm also relatively new to this hobby. I started out a few years ago making paper models on the computer using pepakura of the sci fi ships seen in the PC game Independence War, just cause the ships were cool, and I wanted them for myself. I got sucked into the world of paper models, and haven't looked back since.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.