Newbie DUH to start Nitro Engine

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by Jag, Feb 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jag

Jag New Member

OK, opening myself up to a few potshots here, but since no one around here owns one of these things, I need to ask how you go about staring up a nitro engine. I have all the stuff,(glowplug ignitor etc.), I just don't know the proper way to use it all. I know you need to prime the engine, and that the ignitor plugs onto the glowplug, but then I'm not sure. Do you leave the ignitor on, and then start pulling on the starter, or do you remove the ignitor after so many seconds? and then try to start the motor. I'm just no so sure about all this, and I don't want to be pulling away at a brand new engine, and risk damage to it, cause I don't know how to start it. There is no instructions on all this, by the way. Any advice here is much appreciated.
  2. mastmec

mastmec Member

First, prime the engine, either w/tank primer or put your finger over the exauhst tip and pull the starter a few times untill fuel enters the carb, install the glowstarter, and give the starter quick, solid pulls, don't pull the full length on the cord though. and you should have no problems.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.