Newbe Help

jlazyh

Sep 13, 2004
Hello All, I have an engine I need help identifying. I am not a collector but this was mine back in the 60's if I remember wright. I am a disabled old 60's Marine and I need to sell some of this stuff off. If you could help with the make and a possable value it would sure help. It is a heavy steel and I think it used to smoke, and had a horn. There is a wire going back to the coal car and I think thats where the horn was. Can you help?
Thank You, Jess
jlazyh1@netzero.com

Attachments

• DSCF1722.jpg
    DSCF1722.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 128

2slim

Jan 16, 2004
Murray, UT
Visit site
Hi Jess,
Looks like what ya got there is a good old Mantua Pacific! Did a little search on Ebay and there are a few listed there, at least 2 are in the same condition as yours and are going for $20 - $25 right now. As far as the smoke and horn go, if you can verify that yours has those it could be worth more as all the ones I saw on Ebay didn't have those features. You'll want to make sure she runs, even if it's not too good. If you've got the box that's a plus. I would think that if she runs and has a box you could get $25 - $30 for her.

jetrock

Dec 18, 2003
Visit site
I've got exactly the same locomotive, picked it up at a garage sale with a box of other stuff--one of the Tyco ones rather than Mantua (only the names have been changed to protect the hobby) but otherwise the same.

Typically the wire leading to the tender is used for power collection rather than for a horn.