new zealand newbie - interests & reccomendations wanted.

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by paulnz, Jan 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paulnz

paulnz New Member

hi there from christchurch new zealand.

im a 36m and new to card modeling, ive done the yamaha yz1 bike a couple of times, at a4, a3 and even, a2 sizes and found the detail good, and at a4 quite challengning (it was my first model)

im interested in ships, preferrably warships, any relatively modern battle ships (1900+) would be a preference
    a nice large scale would be nice, or any reccomendations really

i have access to a2 card capable full color printing in both ink and laser so im looking for things to download.

after ships.. well anything would be good as long as its a challenge and well detailed a plane.. anything really but military are an interest.

i see lots out there in this massive forum.. wow was i suprised to find it and look forward to reading lots.

oh, any other nz-ers.. say hi.
  2. RichBohlman

RichBohlman Railroad Card Modaler

Welcome Aboard! Have a Great Time! Rich
  3. thewoodengraver

thewoodengraver Active Member

has thousands of links to free models. It is in Japanese, but easy to navigate.
  4. Grizz

Grizz Member

5. cdcoyle

cdcoyle Member has several nice freebies, including an Admirable-class minesweeper and a German torpedoboat. They're not battleships, but they are very nice models for cutting your teeth on.

6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome to the fold :) I see you already got some great suggestions! happy building.
  7. Andrew Austin

Andrew Austin Member

Hi Paul,

Its great to see another NZ'er on this forum. I hail from Auckland.

If you are intertested in warships, I can give a very high recommendation for the Digital Navy Fuso (

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.