New York Central fans

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
While cleaning out a box of “stuff’ given to us by a relative, I discovered a pamphlet commemorating the award of the Harriman Medal for Most Progress in Safety and Accident Prevention to the New York Central Railroad in 1915. The front is embossed with the medal itself and the inside pages have facsimiles of the accompanying diploma and newspaper stories. All in all it is a nice piece of memorabilia, although I don’t know how old it actually is.

Now for the good part. Just for fun, rather than trying to make a buck (I have no idea what, if anything) it is actually worth, I’d rather give it to a fellow Gauger, preferably a NYC fan. To keep things fair, I’ve picked a number between 0 and 26. Whoever guesses the number gets it. I’ll post the winner here and will private e-mail them to get an address to mail it.
Doc

I am a Central buff, but I won't get into this. That paper will most likely end in a drawer to be tossed out later and be lost forever rather than being displayed or preserved in a the NYCSHS historical society where it can be researched. That's the way of these things.

My opinion only. Your mileage may vary.

NYC-BKO

Jun 6, 2004
Scottdale, PA
As much as I would like it in my memorabilia collection of NYC items, I'm with Roger on this one, my guess is 15 like the year if right donate to the NYCHS in my name!

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
I thought giving this away would be quick and easy. Guess I over estimated the popularity of the New York Central or maybe it's just suspicion over getting something for nothing. Only ten brave souls ventured a guess with none matching the pre-selected winner of 17. Lets' try again, and to speed things up, let's pick a number between 0 and 4 this time. First one to guess it wins.
Doc

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
DING,DING,DING,DING,DING,DING.

We have a winner! Congratulations Lynn. :thumb: If you'll private e-mail your info, I'll get it in tomorrow's mail.

To the rest, thanks for playing. Be sure to watch your local stores for the home version.
Doc

yellowlynn

Jul 7, 2001
Whitehouse, Tx USA
Visit site
wheeeeeee

Well Doc, I'll tell you, it's like this, I'll PM all that stuff if you want, but I want it to go to the museum. I think it is the NYCSHS or something like that. You're the one that has it, so in your name is fine with me. I was just wanting to get in on the fun. Normally I couldn't win at bingo if I was the only one playing.

I think it is really great that you offered it out, when you could have made some coin. Thank you.

Lynn

Doc Holliday

Oct 27, 2002
Big Valley, California
Hey 88,
I thought about that, since you was closest. I thought the better of it though, since that wasn't what I said up front. Didn't want nobody to think the fix was in. Somebody also might have complained that it should have been the closed with out going over. If I get my new scanner figured out, maybe I'll scan the pages before I stick it in the mail and post them here so you can all take a look see.
Doc