New X-Wing

Discussion in 'Internet Finds' started by Nexus9, Dec 28, 2007.

1. Nexus9

Nexus9 Member

Hi all, There's a new X-wing at PaperGrade by Zen. PaperGrade by Zen
    Check out X-Wing Fighter 2ndEdition.
  2. sneaker

sneaker Member

Color me Numb! This looks great, I am a little fused as to how it is assembled I mean do you build sub sections and then skin it? I do not understand how that works. Any of the pros have tips on how to build? Do I add the skin via computer, or post assembly, or am I way off on this wall1 Would not be the first time! :wave:

3. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

Looks like an excellent, if complicated, model!

To apply the textures:

1. Extract both zip files into one temporary folder.
    2. Open any of the pdo files with Pepakura Viewer. (e.g. Body_Parts1.pdo)
    3. Click Configuration, then Texture Configuration.
    4. Click on the first item on the Texture and Color Configuration list. This highlights it.
    5. Click on Specify Texture Image. The list of textures in the directory will pop up in an "Open file" dialogue box.
    6. Open the texture file with the same/similar name as the item you first clicked (e.g. "Body_1" = "Body_1_RED5.bmp"). This will apply the texture to the model.
    7. Do the same for the rest of the list.
    8. When the list is done, click "Close" to close the Texture Configuration dialogue.
    9. Repeat for all other parts.
    10. Print out and assemble.
  4. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Wow, thanks for that. That's truly stunning! I do have a question though, I opened it in pepakura viewer and it didn't quite open up right. I also inclined to ask the same question as above, how do you lay the textures of the parts?
  5. CJTK1701

CJTK1701 Banned

Er...uh.... what if you are only a casual pep user and are not that versed in its utility?:confused:
  6. sneaker

sneaker Member

Beautiful! :thumb: Worked perfectly thank you for that brief tutorial! Also on a side note, thank you for all of your fine models Jaybats!
  7. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Looks great! Can't wait til I've finished downloading it to see it properly.
  8. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

is the password available in the asian-language portion of the texture info document? it would be nice to be able to save it with the textures applied
  9. jaffro

jaffro Long term member

(moved to Internet Finds)

Awesome find there, that looks like a nice candidate for an upscale with even more detail added.
  10. Jaybats

Jaybats Member

The Texture List text file contains the listing of what textures to apply to which parts. Instead of Windows Notepad, you'll need to open it with MS Word, which will convert it to Japanese encoding so that it shows the text properly aligned.

Looks like you can output either Red-5 or Red-2's color schemes. (IIRC, that's Luke's and Wedge's).

OylPyslk, the password is not in the text doc.
    CJTK1701, that's what the instructions are for.

11. Master-Bruce

Master-Bruce Active Member

Oyl, you shouldn't need a password. Are you trying to open the PDO's with Pep Designer? You need to use Viewer buddy. :)
  12. OylPslyk

OylPslyk Aspiring Usurper

yea, it would just be nice to be able to re-open it up with the textures already applied...