New Wing Commander Ships

Discussion in 'Science Fiction & Fantasy' started by Gomidefilho, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Well friends!

More new models. This time two simple models of the last Wing Commander gamees: Wing Commander IV The Price of Freedom and Wing Commander Prophecy/Secret Operations.

The first is the Phanter fighter of the Navy of the Terran Confederation (in the game Wing Commander Prophecy) that has a beautiful look and for me it is some of the most elegant ships of the whole saga.

The model in the scale 1/200 is very simple of building with some patience is possible build in a pair of hours. In the file they are available two versions on and PDO file blocked to serve as instructions that it can ONLY BE OPEN IN PEPAKURA VIEWER 2.

The other ship is very ugly Assault Shuttle of the Navy of the Union of the Border Worlds.

This very ugly ship in the scale 1/100 was just projected for space flights and it is used by the Space Marines Corps of the Navy of the Union of the Border Worlds, for approaches in larger ships. This model is simple also and it can be done in some hours. Besides being a good exercise with folds in a complex way.And of course in the file they are available two versions on and PDO file blocked to serve as instructions that it can ONLY BE OPEN IN PEPAKURA VIEWER 2.

The downloads are here: - online file sharing and storage - download Assault - online file sharing and storage - download

Good assembly! :mrgreen:
  2. ThunderChild

ThunderChild Active Member

Fantastic work! Thanx a bunch! Can't wait to see what's next! :D
  3. Bunnyear

Bunnyear Member

jep thanks great work, the Longbow Bomber would be great:mrgreen:

ARMORMAN Guest

Cool....weren't you designing a Swordfish model a while ago?
  5. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Thank you People!

I have the intention of doing all of the models of this great saga, answering the subjects, I am on that moment building Devastator, and Clydesdale...

Armorman in relation to Swordfish is true, however the bad announces is that I had in the end of January one burns in my HD is lost many models in final apprenticeship of development among them Swordfish...:cry:

I intend to redo but now I don't have a concrete forecast of when... :rolleyes:

ARMORMAN Guest

I've had a couple of drives go bad. The worst being one with a bunch of photos of my dad at the last family gathering before he passed.
  7. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

With the low cost of large usb hard drives and easily obtainable free backup software its not too hard to setup recurring backups. Once a week I back up my models, the next night I back up my pics, the next night I backup my docs and desktop settings. Works pretty slick and with a 500 GB usb drive for about 100 bucks you cant go wrong! :) But yes it sucks to lose pics - af all things to lose those are the worse :(

ARMORMAN Guest

With money at a premium, and a verry old computer that can't access a 500MB drive, it will be a while.

BTW, cguctzmer, I just found out a guy I went to school with moved up to your town.

9. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Gomidefilho with lucky lack

Well in my case they are those things that happen inexplicably in computer science. HD was new had been bought few days before, it was installed correctly, installed the operating system and unexpectedly "puft" burned. wall1 The idea of external HD saw USB is very good, but unhappily here in Brazil that component is still very expensive. :cry: I had backup of almost everything, less of the models in development and some pictures...

Speaking about Wing Commander the next models again to they be facts are Shrike and Dralthi IV...:twisted:

And Phanter and Assault Shuttle is ready for download in Downloads Area. Thank's Chris for help! sign1

10. Gearz

Gearz Member

Great work Péricles ! :thumb::thumb:

Do you have a link/s to a WC site, that has Fan (MOD) designed ships..?
  11. Hot4Darmat

Hot4Darmat Member

Thanks P. Very nice work. Being a fan of this series, and of big ol' ugly working ships, I can't wait for the finished Clydesdale. Keep up the good work.
  12. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

Thank you people!

As the games Wing Commander are old no longer a lot of modder communities exist. In Wing Commander CIC Wing Commander CIC / some exist links for mods and pages. They exist many new games as Standoff Simulator and mods for Homeworld 2 and Freespace but in general the models are not available. My models in general come from a MOD for Freelancer that contains many old ships, some prehistoric ones for Homeworld and of a mod for X Wing Alliance that has several ships of Wing Commander I and II. I have other also that I diffused of several sources. If you especially need some thing orders me a private one that can see if I have available...

Hot4Darmat, am projecting a big model of Clydesdale in the scale 1/150, that model is based on the "source" files of Origin that a friend of Wing Commander CIC send me. I think it is the oldest file that I already manipulated (he was modified by the last time in 1992) but it is high poly, I am having some work for you unfold him, but I believe that soon is available for the friends...
  13. Gearz

Gearz Member

Thank you Péricles.. excellent site! :thumb: The game may be old but it looks like there's still plenty of active fans, and its good to see a gaming site give such great coverage for the card models ! Did you get much feedback from the gamers about your models..?

* I followed my nose from there and found another SITE with lots of WC meshes ( + the ship I was after)

:thumb:Thanks mate:thumb:

Attached Files:

14. Gomidefilho

Gomidefilho Member

I am happy that you have liked the suggestion. He already knew that site, although he is not updated does some time has great models. "Jeep Carrier" Hades is a very beautiful ship of the I finish Wing Commander done for PC, Secret Operations. I suggest to give a looked for in Lancer Reactors, that an excellent mod exists with several ships of Wing Commander 1 and 2 and of Privatters...
  15. Gearz

Gearz Member

Thank you the links Péricles ! I didn't think to look over at Lancer Reactors, haven't visited there for a while . ~ I'll go check it out. !!