New WARR - With pics

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
The original plan wasn't any good for me, so I've decided to tear all down, and restart. So, I bought enough stuff to get started again:

1 wood base board with 2' by 4'
1 board of blue foam for subroadbed.
1 Faller bridge nr.222582 bought at "A Gotita"(my LHS)
Humbrol inks nr.133 e 93

With this stuff, I've decided to change the track plan and have two ovals, so that I'm able to run two trains at the same time and have some shunting at the station. here are some pics of what was done so far:

001.jpg

The Faller bridge on the old layout.

002.jpg

The new structure, with the track in place for tests.

003.jpg

The biggest oval in place, under testing.

004.jpg

Detail of the bridge.

005.jpg

The second smallest oval. Note that the 'S' have small straight tracks with in,to avoid derailments.

006.jpg

Testing with one of the locos for sell. The bidge has a little weathering.

007.jpg

The same, but from a different angle!

008.jpg

All track had been rusted with Humbrol inks. It has been put in place with Peco track pins. The station is still to be electrified.

009.jpg

Overview of the layout. Some hills have been added, using blue foam, toilet papper, and wood glue.
I want to add some lakes, bt that is still on hold, untill i get a little farm.

Matthyro

Will always be re-membered
Dec 28, 2000
Georgetown, Ontario,Canada
This looks better Luis but I think you need a second crossover on the back straight section. It should be the reverse of the one you have. The reason is then it would make it easier for trains to move between ovals without having to back through the single crossover you currently have. Would also help the switching of your industrial tracks.

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
First of all, let me thank all of you for your kind comments. The-Gauge members are great modellers and great "modelling teachers"

SO->

Here's one update:

Started do do some hills:
010.jpg

and here's a problem:
011.jpg

What do you think about this new plan for my terminal? Do you think that I should put a curve where the BN loco is so that I can have a little freight station? or leave it like this and have a loco depot there?

Thanks again.

Apr 7, 2003
Visit site
Very good progress i haev 1 problem with your layout though that track get way to close to that river,pond/what ever u call it idk a small harbor but its to close and your spot were your passanger train sits make that one a little long like 3-5 inches

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Looking good Luis.
Adding that curve on would give you room for both.
I too think the second crossover is a must.
Do you have the two loops wired seperatly for two train operation?

Ray Marinaccio

Aug 4, 2003
Dewey Az.
Visit site
Luis
I'm using two of those cheepo trainset controlers on mine. the layout is divided into six electrical blocks. two being the interchange inclines. I have had four trains at once on the layout , only running two at a time though. It gets a little tricky, but interesting.
If you wire yours in a similar way I can see you doing the same.

Xaniel

Jun 8, 2002
Lisbon, Portugal
modelismo.luislopes.net
Some changes finally to my layout. Wiring was done thinking about DCC. yeap... I'm going to this new technology!

here are some pics:

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

The brown part will be where the tunnel will rise!it's a bit bigger then supposed to but... I think I'll manage!

Cheers.

hemiadda2d

Jun 15, 2003
Cheyenne, WY
www.railimages.com
WOW!
I wish my layout progressed that fast!!!!!
Great job, Luis!
I like the bridge too!
As for the *trailing point?* spur your loco was on, it is proto to have a loco parking spur; in Cheyenne, WY BNSF has the same arrangement in it's tiny yard, only theirs is a double spur.