New Walthers Products Announced, YAY

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by TruckLover, Oct 19, 2006.

1. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

Just to let those who havn't herd the new things coming out from Walthers. There are serveral new cool things coming out soon including a former retired model brought back from the grave. Also a new Heljan Model too.\

1. Working traffic lights (Now Available)
    2. Working Grade Crossing Signals (Due Nov. 28)
    3. Drumlin Forest Lumber (2 Buildigns, accessories, weathered) -
    4. Yard Buildings (2, buildings, weathered, accessoreies and ballast included) -
    5. News stands -
    6. Spooner Sash & Door (includes accessories) -
    7. Here is the former Retired Model, Rotary Dumper -
    8. Bus Station -
    9. Small Trackside building -
    10. Quality Investment Casting -
    1. Giant Container Crane (make sure you see this one, watch the video too, it's a bit expensive but it is really cool) -
  2. railohio

railohio Active Member

(Don't mind this; it's only to make this post longer.)
  3. TrainNut

TrainNut Ditat Deus

All the links I clicked on were labeled as HO
  4. TruckLover

TruckLover Mack CH613 & 53' Trailer

O, I guess I left that out,:oops: Yes they are all HO Scale :thumb: :D
  5. Why post for anything else?bounce7 :p
  6. brakie

brakie Active Member

Guys,I find the number of new monthly releases astronomical..I may be mistaken but,I don't recall so many models being announce on monthly bases since the 60s..Sure a lot is new releases of previously release models in new road names but,still the numbers is still staggering especially from Athearn,Atlas and Walthers..:thumb:
    It is a very good time to be in the hobby.:D
  7. MasonJar

MasonJar It's not rocket surgery

I am not sure that these are necessarily new. The majority seem to be a RTR version of something that (presumably) was previously available in kit form.

8. Rusty Spike

Rusty Spike Member

The video of the container crane was very cool. There's something about loading an entire train though that sounds more like work than a hobby and $750 is soooooo much.
  9. brakie

brakie Active Member

That would keep a guy busy loading and unloading containers/trailers..Of course by using a fast clock and scheduling stack/pig trains..:eek: If you get my drift one would be doing this in a very short time I reckon..hamr
  10. green_elite_cab

green_elite_cab Keep It Moving!

I saw it at the National Train show, and a guy was demonstrating it, but he wouldn't let anyone try it out.