New w-40k chimera

Arsen NonLupin

About rivets. I know why russian fleet has been defeated by japan imperial navy. It was because of rivets. Enforced japan shells (not anti-armor, but high-explosive) cuted the heads of rivets on russian armor plates, so some plates were simly fallen off. Do not repeat the mistake of russian 'paper modeler' :) or orcs will win

silveroxide

The same reason word war II tanks got away from the rivet works and into cast hulls. With the new and more powerful rounds, the days of nuts and bolts was over. In the case of armour vehicles, when a rivet was hit by a round, it would tend to shear the outside rivet off and propel the remaining rivet into the cabin. This loose piece of metal was a lethal projectile in the confines of a tight cabin, bouncing off the walls.

While it gives the Imperial armour an archaic look, those rivets could be the downfall of an Imperial Baneblade and other heavily riveted armor. The Tau and the Eldar have sleek designs which gives them a glancing blow. The tyranids have their tough hide/scales.

devox

Hey silver when you are doing your rolls, same as your space marine tires, do you put light glue along the interior strips as you roll or do you roll the outside edges of the circle to hold em together? Thanks

silveroxide

if you trim the heavy bolter barrel down about 3/4 it would be perfect atm thats the only fault i can see : D

This was one of my first designs but the next one will be better. Thanks for the comment.

Hey silver when you are doing your rolls, same as your space marine tires, do you put light glue along the interior strips as you roll or do you roll the outside edges of the circle to hold em together? Thanks

I place glue the full length of the strip and with my finger I spread it evenly the full length. Just be sure to wipe your fingers when done. When it dries/sets, you can sand it like a piece of wood, but very lightly.

wow... que buen modeloooo !!!! felicitaciones por la paciencia y en nivel de detalle es magnifico !!!

Gracias por el comentario, me alegra que lo haga disfrutado.
Thanks for the comment, I am glad that you have enjoyed it.

MAGI

Wow first real thread I read since joining yesterday and what a fantastic build.
Your detail is awesome.

thanks for sharing all your hard work.
It was great to see it come together.

Inspiring and humbling all at the same time.

silveroxide

I am glad that you all liked the build. The only bad thing, is that I am overwhelmed myself with builds and have not returned to update the Chimera with the turret and other variations. Eventually I will return here for those projects but I am still working on other projects for now.

iBib

Neophyte
Truly impressive!

Of all the detail you have worked on, I am most impressed with the wheels and tracks. So many models seems to lack that brilliant finishing touch.

Now I have some ideas on how to improve some of my projects.

silveroxide

Truly impressive!

Of all the detail you have worked on, I am most impressed with the wheels and tracks. So many models seems to lack that brilliant finishing touch.

Now I have some ideas on how to improve some of my projects.

Glad that my works can inspire others to be more creative. I would love to see some of your works incorporating some of the new learned techniques.

I have not been active lately in the building process due to present contract work, but I do make time to look in now and then on the papermodeling community and I am pleased to see many new members and new models and techniques. Keep up the great works guys and see your works around the forums.:wave:

silveroxide

Looks like the treads could actually turn. That can't can they? Great job.

In this build they are not mobile, but someone out there has a build thread on how to make paper threads and wheels mobile. I am glad that you enjoyed the model and learned some new techniques. The object of papermodeling, is to enjoy yourself. Have fun and see you around the forums.:wave:

silveroxide

Very nice. Love the detail.

Again,
i am glad that you like the model and build thread. I am back in the U.S. but I have been rather busy getting situated. My build materials and tools are out of the Storage facility and I hope to start building soon. Enjoy and see you all around the forums.:wave:

Z

Zathros

I am really Happy you are back in the states, and safe! I look forward to anything you have to say or post. ¡Bienvenidos! :)