New Uhu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uhu's working on a scale model of the 2001 Discovery. You can check it out on his blog, which, according to the posts I have read, we are not supposed to post. Go figure.

Can someone please explain why we gotta pussyfoot around with this website? Yes, he's had his stuff pirated (A bloody shame, that) and I can understand his initial reaction. But, he has A WEBSITE ON THE INTERNET, a detailed blog at that. Obviously he wants people to visit it. And given the strict anti-piracy stand of the members here, is there really any danger of it increasing outside the dozens of search engines and other sites that link to it?

On that note, here's the site. Linked to the front page according to this site's rules. http://uhu02.way-nifty.com/blogpapercraft_ver2/

The problum that happen is that he only post is new model for a limted time then their removed. What happening is their being reposted on other site, All he asking is to repected his design, If you want the model download for his site only when is posted he leave them up for a couple a weeks , i think what cause a big problum someone posted the C3po model on a site and change the info on it

Uhu is a member on the forum , We hate to lose a great designer do to someone selfishness :(

I'm aware of what happened and yes, he's an incredibly talented designer. I just don't understand why posting a link to a website that 100s of millions of people can get access to is taboo here.

PaperRonin

I think he did that to disable hotlinking direct to the models.
Most people (and the crossposting 'pirates') go away if they don't find what they are looking for on front page. Most don't use google translator too ;)

I found that link and the user/pass without translator. Below the Secret Library the user/pass is stated in english :D

Maybe Uhu likes it that way and, knowing some of the past, I can see his wish to keep the models 'locked away'. The info you provide here is usefull, however, also people with less than honorable intentions might find and use it from here. That might lead to a UHU Blog v3 and different user/pass. Something to think about perhaps?

Nando

Designer Extraordinaire
I think he did that to disable hotlinking direct to the models.
Most people (and the crossposting 'pirates') go away if they don't find what they are looking for on front page. Most don't use google translator too ;)

I found that link and the user/pass without translator. Below the Secret Library the user/pass is stated in english :D

Maybe Uhu likes it that way and, knowing some of the past, I can see his wish to keep the models 'locked away'. The info you provide here is usefull, however, also people with less than honorable intentions might find and use it from here. That might lead to a UHU Blog v3 and different user/pass. Something to think about perhaps?

I am truly sorry if my statement can create problems to UhU and can again make unavailable its beautiful models for who has honorable intentions. Thanks for the suggestion and in the future I will make very careful to not violate the confidentiality of certain information.

My intentions were only to help many members of this forum that are no longer able to access to the Uhu's models and certainly not to help the pirates. In the future I will give you this kind of information via PM.

Sorry again, Nando :|

Nando

Designer Extraordinaire
I deleted my previous post! I think in this manner that I can limitate the damage.

Nando :cry:

PaperRonin

I am truly sorry if my statement can create problems to UhU and can again make unavailable its beautiful models for who has honorable intentions. Thanks for the suggestion and in the future I will make very careful to not violate the confidentiality of certain information.

My intentions were only to help many members of this forum that are no longer able to access to the Uhu's models and certainly not to help the pirates. In the future I will give you this kind of information via PM.

Sorry again, Nando :|

Hey Nando, don't take it too hard, best intentions are always good!! :thumb: You could have just pointed out the 'Library' and let the rest work out the details :mrgreen: I got there by trial and error and resisted the urge to share, thinking that they who are fan enough of UHU's work would be able to find it :cool:

And last but not least, I am not a Mod here, so don't take my posts too hard :thumb: I just care for the community and would hate to see a designer like UHU leave the scene because of a minority.

So, again, you did nothing wrong :mrgreen::mrgreen:

jaffro

Long term member
Personally, as much as I like to respect a designer... the idea of making a model available for a limited time then pulling the pin is exactly what leads to rampant piracy of a model in the first place.

Another sad fact is that the majority of people who will go to any lengths to download a model that has been pulled from the internet, won't even build it.

The reason this forum treats this particular designer/site the way we do is both out of respect for the designer, and to be honest, nobody seems to really know exactly what uhu DOES want! (the language barrier certainly doesn't help there). Not to mention we have seen first hand how a designer can pull al their material from the internet due to a communication breakdown / mussunderstanding.

This has been a grey area for quite a while, if someone fluent in japanese would like to get to the bottom of it then by all means go right ahead and get in contact with me, I've tried talking to him in PM and it was rather confusing to say the least.

Stev0

There are some designers that have made models so cryptic to download, that I have just given up on downloading them altogether.

I'm somewhat patient and can wait for releases to come around but there are other people who are ignorant of the designer's wishes that want it all RIGHT NOW and people like me end up losing out.

Such is the way it is.

The designer gives us free models. If they want to pull them off the net then so be it. Better some models, some of the time then no models at all.

Revell-Fan

Co-Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
BUMPED for priority reasons - do not bump in old threads.

Revell-Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.