New Trackplan

shamus

Registered Member
Thought I would post my new trackplan for Badger Creek, this one is #3 Badger, and maybe the last, who knows.
tumbleweed.jpg

Shamus
wink.gif

interurban

Hi Shamus it looks like a beut,
but it won`t be the last:D ;) :D

Just a thought, how many layouts have you built ???

I think I am on my 6th and I am about to bring in the bulldozers
or at least rearrange a few things.
:eek:

marty w.

Looks great!
Where does your staging come out at? I see where you go into staging but I can not find the other "A" where it comes out.
What program are you using to produce the track plan?
Marty

Clerk

Marty. It looks to me that the entrances are in the upper left and lower left.

Shamus. This is the the third that I know of. I had the pleasure of watching the second grow as you posted photos. This one really looks great and am looking forward to see it grow through photos.:D :D :D

jkristia

Seems like you build one layout a year. Wasn't it last january that you started the current Badger Creek ?. Let me see, what have I done in the last year, hmmm laid some tracks, done a little bit of scenery. What have you done. Build a complete layout + several beautiful buildings. I'm amazed. :)
But like the others, I'm really looking forward to follow your progress through ALL the pictures that you are going to post;)

Happy new year
Jesper

aartwmich

Looks nice....are you REbuilding for the 3rd time?? Or do you have 2 separate layouts, and now are planning yet ANOTHER???

alex_mrrkb

Hi shamus !

Great plan, I can't wait to see this layout ... please post lot's pictures during the layout construction !

One question: What software did you use ? 3rd PlanIt ?

shamus

Registered Member
Hi Gang, and thanks for the remarks on my new trackplan, this layout is already in the working stage, all track down and Ballasted/painted. Control panel wired. and a start on the scenery has been made.
Now then -- answers.
Chris. I have built around 45 layouts for myself and other people, 30 of mine have been published in various magazines.
http://www.index.mrmag.com/tm.exe?opt=S&sort=D&output=5&cmdtext="TEMPLAR,+PAUL"

Marty,
if you follow the track at the left hand side, you will notice it goes into a tunnel, thats the other "A".

aartwmich, only got the one room for a layout, wish I had more or a bigger room, but I have to do with a 14' by 11' spare bedroom

Alex, I use a program called Freehand10, it's a professional drawing program but it's not a CAD proggy.

Shamus
wink.gif

interurban

dah

astounding, FORTY FIVE LAYOUTS:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think you know most of what there is to know eh???

Nice Shamus Nice:) :p ;)

Looking forward to the photo`s.

Tyson Rayles

Shamus that looks real good and all, but what was wrong with Badger Creek #2? It looked like a fantastic layout to me. You had said something awhile ago about plans you had for a n-scale layout, any progress there? :)

aartwmich

I think Shamus must be a modeling addict for sure ;) ...he builds a beautiful layout, gets it all completely sceniked, then there isn't anymore to do on that layout so he has to tear it all up and start over!!

I just wonder...does he incorporate all the models he previously built into the new layout? I guess once you get all those trees and structures made it would be fun to put them into a new layout...kinda like rearragning the furniture!!

"Can't afford to move??...rearrange the furniture!!''

Shamus....We all look forward to seeing your new layout take life, maybe you could post pics as you go along so we could share the step by step transformation??

shamus

Registered Member
Thanks all for the kind comments on my new plan,

Tyson my friend, that N-scale module is still in the pipeline, and I shall be looking into that a little later on. Far too busy with this new venture into the realms of fantasy. LOL

Shamus
wink.gif