new trackplan

zachary

ok im finally going to get to build a lay yout 5x9 and i was wondering could you make the 3x6 scenic and relazed rr in this space and what size curve could i use becuse i wont to run dash 8 40 cw and lager on it thank you zachary f

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
22" is probably the standard track size you can use. However, i'd encourage you to get the largest possible curve radious in your layout, regardless of what locomotives you may or may not use. You can use flex track to accomplish this.

besides, there is no reason a C40-8W can't be run on your layout, its just that its a larger horsepower Roadswitcher, so it wouldn't normally be doing any of the dirty work. You'll be set with a GP40-2/GP38-2, or locomotives like Atlas's recent B30-7s, anything with 4 wheels to a truck.

do you have a picture of this 3x6? most likely, if its in a smaller scale or size, it can be remade bigger and maybe improoved.

green_elite_cab

Keep It Moving!
nevermind i found it. In any case, thats a pretty small layout. In HO scale, you can probably afford to add more to it.

It also really depends on what kind of trains you want to run. if you want alot of switching, i'm not sure thats the right trackplan for you. It looks like it could work, but there are only 2 industrial sidings. there is more that can be had.

Triplex

What's the minimum radius on the Scenic & Relaxed? I don't think it's very big. It's N scale, so you'll have to enlarge a lot. HO is 9/5 of N, so you effectively have less space than the original plan. I don't think it'll fit.