New Track in PA Bumps and Jumps RC Speedway

Discussion in 'RC Offroad Forum' started by chris mckinney, Dec 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chris mckinney

chris mckinney New Member

I just wanted to let you all know what is going on

I hit many obstacles that took a long time to get worked out, and I didn't expect to be building in the winter months.
    I really thought we would be done and racing by now.
    I expect the building to be completed in February - but the exact date is unknown.
    The building is being delivered on Monday December 29th. My contractor should have the concrete piers, footers and poured walls in place by mid January.
    Once these are done he will go do other work as I have had to postpone him 3 times now, and he has other commitments that he must do.
    However once he has left I have a lot of work to do.
    I will begin by trenching the sewer and gas lines to the building and then will begin interior plumbing that will run under the floor.
    Hopefully as this is going on I will also have the race track going in, thanks to some volunteered help.
    It will not be warm as we will be working outside in the cold but if any of you would like to donate time I have plenty of stuff to do.
    My contractor will then return in February to erect the steel - which should take 2 to 3 weeks.
    I will really be under the gun during this time as I will need to get the light's up and conduit run as well as the gas pipe and restrooms installed.

I must be honest about one very serious concern and that is that when I get the doors open I don't have enough people to pay the mortgage.
    I am asking you all for your help to tell everyone you know about the place and what is going on.
    I know the racing community is pretty small, but there are still many people that have never heard of Bumps and Jumps.
    Thanks you all for your help in spreading the word.

Also I really appreciate everyone's input and support to this point.
    I have received some great ideas from people about things to try and I will definitely try some of them.

I have a picture up on the web page showing the land and you can see it is already cleared.
    http://www.bumpsandjumpsrc.com/
    I can't figure out how to get front page to work properly so some of my updates might take some time to get posted, but I will do my best.

Please feel free to email me back questions and I will get them answered.

Thanks and Happy New Year
    Chris
  2. chris mckinney

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to provide you all with an update on the progress of everything. Most things are falling into place nicely, however there seems to be some construction problems this time of the year. The building inspector would not let us pour concrete on the North side of the building yesterday as to much water was coming up through the soil. We were able to pour the west side of the building. Today we are forced into postponing footers until next week. The extremely cold temperatures would put us in danger of getting frost in the footers before the inspector looked at the bottom of the dirt. He will not let us pour if any frost is visible. If that were to happen the trenches would freeze overnight and it could take a long time for them to thaw, so better safe then sorry. We have since pushed footers back until Monday and Tuesday of next week. If all goes as planned this should only set us back one week for the building to be completed. Construction is difficult this time of year so who knows what will exactly happen from now until the project is completed. I will continue to provide you all with updates. Also I have posted some construction pictures on the web site. http://www.bumpsandjumpsrc.com/

Sincerely, Chris
  3. chris mckinney

Hi everyone
    I updated the site with some more pictures. Steel is going up.
    Daytona 500 this weekend.
    Motorama next weekend.
    With any luck the roof will be on next week.
    Man am I getting excited.

Also it is easier for me to update the web site instead of trying to email everyone updates, comcast only lets me mail 15 people at a time.
    keep an eye on it I will update it every week.
  4. chris mckinney

Racing this Weeknend

We will be racing Offroad Saturday starting at 12:00 - the doors open at 10:30. Signups close at 11:45
    We will also be racing Oval Sunday starting at 12:00 with the doors opening at 10:30 Signups close at 11:45

Please check out the web site for directions or updated pictures, or email or call me with questions.
    http://www.bumpsandjumpsrc.com/

I hope to see many of you there.
    Thanks
    Chris
  5. chris mckinney

Just posted the results - go to my web page and click results. what a great day of racing today - thans to everyone for reminding me why I want to do this.
    NEXT WEEK JUNE 6 "RCN race at BUMPS AND JUMPS"
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.