New to you

Discussion in 'Zealot Archives' started by charlesdavenport, Oct 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charlesdavenport

charlesdavenport New Member

It's taking me awhile to figure out how to use this forum. But, my interest is in card modeling these days. Glad to be here.
  2. dansls1

dansls1 Member

Welcome - what genre of models do you build?
  3. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Welcome! Glad you found us!
  4. charlesdavenport

I used to be a diehard IPMS airplane guy. In fact, I was on the executive board for around 10 years and president for 2. But, I started to get burned out on the excessive detail I was putting into models. And, I loathe painting (funny, huh?). I have so many models ready for paint it would make you laugh.

Long story short, I build anything and everything that interests me, naval, aircraft, armor, figures, architecture. My current project is Sagrada Familia cathedral by Domus, which I can highly recommend.

My forte is bringing other technical skills to this hobby genre. For instance I have a technique for curving paper to form compound curves.
    This comes in handy with propellor spinners, those red semi-circles on the old Starship Enterprise warp drive engines and the like. I also make aircraft tires with no seams, rounded profiles, and I can imprint diamond patterns in them.

I am working on a tool to laser cut the card. If it works, I'll share the idea.

It's things like that that drive me in the hobby.

My next "big thing" is to learn Adobe Illustrator so that I can design my own models. I am a Quake fan and would love to have some models of those fearsome creatures.

My friends call me Chuck. I live in the Athens, GA area. If any are close by, perhaps we can commune in person.

Regards to you all

5. charlesdavenport

I have a dumb question, how do I get into the main discussion thread?
  6. cgutzmer

cgutzmer Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.