new to this

rguyett

Oct 22, 2003
calgary alberta
Visit site
thanks for the comments

We like all your comments and we will be posting more pics this weekend.
i am going to try to post our track plan also
We want to thank you all again for the nice comments

Attachments

• track layout.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 104

belg

Apr 28, 2001
New Jersey USA
Visit site
rguyett, welcome to our little gang I was very soory to hear about your illness and I hope the fact that you have reconnected with your son will bring you peace in your final months. Your work on the trains is progressing at an incredible rate.Good luck Pat

rguyett

Oct 22, 2003
calgary alberta
Visit site
Yes I have come to peace with my illness and in a way its a blessing because it has brought my son and i very close.
Thank you for all comments wishing me the best.
I came on here to show what we did and prove to my son that we did a good job for beginners.
Sure there is a lot we would change , things like we forgot culverts and drainage ditchs the colour of the lake and we would if had the time built all the buildings from scratch they look nicer but we deicided that we would try and finish this in my time frame and looks like we are going to do it .We only have the mine to do and its on order then the final details will be left
My son would like to show it at the feb show here in Calgary in the spring and i hope he does.
It is set up to add 2 l shape tables at a later date also.
I would of added some more switching and a railyard if doing it again. But overall its our design with noname town and we are proud of it. This week I hope to build a control panel witha the layout on it with lights for all the switches and the face plate will be brass with the layout engraved. Then we are going to frame the whole table in hand rubbed oak . Well people thats are plans will post more pics as we go
thanks again for the comments Rguyett

Tyson Rayles

Sep 25, 2001
Poverty Acres, North Carolina
Visit site
rguyett, DON'T give up hope! I was told I had cancer last Dec., they said there was a 65% chance I would be dead in 6-12 months. Now (11 months later) they can't find any sign of it. I know I'm not out of the woods yet, it may only be in remission. Still the doctors now think the worst case senerio is 2-3 years. You never know so don't quit. Doing your railroad was a excellent idea, anything you do to keep in a positive frame of mind is great medicine. Best of luck, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! :)