New to this forum [but been around on O forums for a while

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Chief Eagles, Sep 30, 2005.

1. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Guys, you can still post pics using Shutterfly if you wish. After coping the URL address, open the 'Insert Image' icon here and past in the url address.

If you are going to host it here, then try sizing the pic to 600 width. If your software also offers a image quality, if not try to do a small croping and see if you have it there (that is where mine is), set it for 65 or so. this should give you a pic smaller that 100,000.

Attached Files:

2. Jim Duda

Jim Duda New Member

Picture Posting tweaking for this forum...

Here's one @ 640 X 480...I had to decrease the "quality" (or "file size" in Photoshop from a "3" to a "2".

Has anyone found a way to Preview your text AND the photo before posting...???

Attached Files:

3. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Like I posted on the caboose, use the img and Shutterfly [like CTT] and it works great [no re-sizing needed]. :)
  4. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Jimbo, Not yet. When you first look at the preview, you thing the attachment isn't there, but it is.

Like Chief says, I like hosting on Suttterfly better. That way you can see it when you preview.
  5. JerrylovesTrns

JerrylovesTrns New Member

Hey Chief and Tom!

This seems like a good forum for now until CTT is back up. I hope we enjoy our stay! :D
  6. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Jerry, Good to see you found us. I have been here on and off for a few months now. It is a very nice place.

check over the different areas of it.
  7. Chief Eagles

Think I'm going to post CTT and herer too. Pretty good place. :D
  8. ;) You know, Chief, I think I will do the same. Once I get the scanner working, I can post a couple of pictures of the " Ever famous, legendary, Blueberryhill RR "
    :eek: :eek: :eek:
    I noticed that there are not a lot of recent posts from the regular folks on this
    Forum. I wonder how many members they have. It probably says that somewhere.
  9. csxt30

csxt30 Member

:wave: Me too! If you guys stay, I will too. I haven't been getting the emails to tell me someone posted lately! :confused: Good night all.:sleeping: OTTS #88 :D
  10. wrmcclellan

wrmcclellan Member

Glad to see the gang is regrouping!
  11. Jaabat

Jaabat New Member

Hi everyone. Chief, thanks for the invite. Tom, great deal on the IR cars. I bought a 3 pack of IR hoppers a few months back for $17 and thought it was a great deal, but all they did was derail. It was the couplers. I opened them up with a Dremel and they behave just fine now. The IR cars are very nice. I've seen 3-packs at shows going for $45 - 50.

Man, am I sick! It took me 4 hours to mow my lawn this weekend (over 2 days) when I usually do it in an hour a half. If this keeps up, I'm going to have to go see the doc.

I gave Elvis' date of birth when I registered. Don't tell anyone!

12. Jaabat

Jaabat New Member

P.S. I used a hacksaw blade to cut the 2" foam Friday night with great results.

13. cnw1995

cnw1995 Member

Go see a doctor, Jim. They'll find what's ailing you. Glad to hear that hack-saw worked. I've cut foam - the thin 1 & 1/2 and 2 inch boards I use - by scoring it. Hate the mess.
  14. Chief Eagles

Morning. Going ot the caboose.
  15. The CTT coffee pot is open !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. Is there still a coffee pot here?
  17. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Hey, what do you know, what do you say?:thumb:
  18. Chief Eagles

Chcuk is the normal Yankee. Asking about coffee here. Caboose buddy, caboose. :wave:
  19. Gil Finn

Gil Finn Active Member

Coffee sounds ok but Sweetend ice tea or better yet, lemmon aide would do this afternoon. I will have to imbide in a bit however, gotta run for a some lab tests, what a 'em every Tuesday.

Isn't it enough the CIA reads my every though? What are they looking for, ha ha ha .

So it is when
    they kidnapped you in a space ship:rolleyes: