New to this forum [but been around on O forums for a while

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by Chief Eagles, Sep 30, 2005.

1. Chief Eagles

Chief Eagles Active Member

Been sanding all afternoon. Got 7 boards sanded and primed. Used wide [15 inch] particle board [real tough stuff]. Would hav been easier to use boards or plywood. But that would have been $$$$$$$. This stuff was free. Almost 5/8's thick. That is thick but goes well with this old house's wide and thick baseboards and chairrail. One good thing. Cooler. :) Did not sweat out the shirt and drip all over my work as usual. Got the new hopper cars with a little Slick 50 One Lube on the axle ends and couplers. Filled them with coal. Ready to roll. :) That SD80 has thrown the three new tires. :cry: :curse: They look like shinny vinyl instead of rubber. Picked up some rubber ones at Miss Edna's. Has Lionel gone to shinny slick tires? :confused:
  2. Jim Duda

Jim Duda New Member

Oh NO! Isn't Chiefie's layout started YET...???

The Forum Police just called and told me to watch this thread...please tell me that SWEET TEA is not on the menu...!!!

Ya gotta love these forums that allow you to post directly from your computer rather than going through a web hosting application...!

Attached Files:

3. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

Hi Jimbo,

It is nice to have photo hosting here. You do have to resize your pics first. But it is nice.
  4. Chief Eagles

Tom, give us instructions on picture posting. Is it like the others?:confused: Jimbo, this one is like one of my fishing forums. Just click on the link and away you go. :) Just ran the SD80 and it did not throw the tires. Think I put the wrong ones on. I did add some rubber cement. Today, the train repair guy said they had to do that to all of their "re-tires".
  5. Chief Eagles

Who says Lionels will not smoke!!!
  6. Chief Eagles

It works!!!! This software and etc is better than CTT.
  7. Dr. John

Dr. John Member

Good evening folks!

We just got back from Tuscaloosa. Roll Tide! Bama beat Florida 31 - 3! :D

My ears still hurt - that stadium was LOUD!

Hope everyone had a good day. I'm about ready to :sleeping:
  8. cnw1995

cnw1995 Member

Howdy all, missed the forum - locked until the lil brats get bored and go away I guess. In general, I loath registering on many forums. But 'any port in a storm'!

Happy the White Sox won again -where's laz so I can tease him about it?
    There's a great article on passenger ops in the Sept. MR - I just got it out of the library - anyone else read it or remember it?
  9. Chief Eagles

Check out the new coffee pot [or sweet ice tea for us Southerners] :rolleyes: ;) . Even got a picture of a caboose.
  10. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

I think you already figuered it out, if not here is a great link
  11. Roger B.

Roger B. Member

Since your our photo psting expert. Is the method the same as for CTT or are there some instructions some place. (Nevermind, just found your previous post)

Also, I just recieved an e-mail advising another post was made on the caboose forum, is there a way to deactivate this feature, I'm afraid that is I use one of the links I might cancel my membership altogether.

This is going to take some re-education.
  12. daan

daan New Member

Hi guys,

It's a bit new here.. must get used to it?? Hope not. I have a lot of pictures for the sunday posting fun.. And some short movies, but I don´t have webspace enough for getting them on the web. If someone is interested, I can send a few by email.. )up to 2.2mb for a 12 sec movie..
    I just found the application on the camera, so I have to find out how to make it less huge..

Hope our old forum is back up shortly..
    Have a nice day all.:thumb:
  13. spankybird

spankybird OTTS Founder

HI Roger,

We are all learning this forum software. I have been here on and off since May.

For Posting pics, they have a link under the Photo Forum. I posted it on this thread about an hour ago. They have great instructions. I have found it easier to use the link photo icon the typing the IMG command. Sometimes the IMG command works and sometimes it doesn’t.

For turning off the e-mail notice:

• Go to your profile,
    • then to edit options,
    • Default Thread Subscription Mode

of new threads being posted, you have several options.

I would try “No email notification”
  14. Chief Eagles

Tom, I have to resize all my pictures. The old way seems to be easier. I'll try the new way again later.
  15. Hi Y'all

:wave: Hi from S.E. Ohio
    Just got here. How is everyone?
  16. Chief Eagles

Howdy Chuck. Making a half of a gallon of sweet ice tea. Getting ready to run trains and then make lunch. Think I'll run my post wars. :)
  17. cnw1995

cnw1995 Member

Deactivating emails

I tried what was recommended, Roger and still get some of 'em - maybe I have to set this for every thread. What a pain. If I can't figure this out, I'll have to wait until CTT re-opens...
  18. cnw1995

cnw1995 Member

OK, now let's see if this works - thundering here by the way - hope we get a nice dowsing.
  19. Dr. John

Dr. John Member

No luck yet on posting pics - always "file too large." Oh, well.
  20. cnw1995

cnw1995 Member

Like with everything new, this may take a while to get to work correctly - in the interim, it's nice to 'see' familiar userids...Surprised how i missed being able to connect at CTT. Hope that cooling off expires Mon.