New to the hobby.

ezdays

Out AZ way
Ask them. I think it depends on how much you buy and how big or heavy it is. I bought a few things from them a while back and my S & H was around $6.

Don

billk

Straight from http://www.4nscale.com/shippingfaq.asp

4Nscale charges a flat rate of $6.95 for ground shipments within the U.S. which includes insurance. Our primary shipping method is United Parcel Service (UPS). For customers that request shipment by U.S. Priority Mail, shipping charges may be higher than our flat rate of $6.95 since a new pricing structure was implemented by the Postal Service effective June 30, 2002. We also ship Overnight, 2nd Day, 3rd Day and US Express Mail. Charges for these services are generally at “Actual Cost”. If shipping only magazines or some other small, flat items such as decals, we may ship via First Class mail, and at a reduced shipping charge. This is, however, at our own discretion.

(My last shipment from them came by priority mail, not at my request so the S&H was still $6.95, even though postage was $6.25!)

billk

I don't think you'll find many internet sellers that can replace the convenience of a nearby hobby shop for when you run out of ___ (fill in the blank). You have to plan ahead and order enough over the net to make the S&H worthwhile.

On the other hand, the LHS near me never seems to have in stock the things that I need and so they have to order it anyway, so I don't get it any sooner than if I ordered it myself over the net.

rcwatkins

Unfortunately, I don't have a decent LHS anywhere near me. And I am only 13 so I can't drive 100 miles to a higher than MSRP "L"HS that barely has the basic N scale supplies. :( The internet is my only option. :( Ok, I have a Hobby Lobby 20 miles from me but all they carry in N scale is basic Atlas code 80 track, no flextrack, the occasional cheap Model Power power packs, Bachpersonn toy train sets, & a couple of buildings. The only stuff I would get there is basic scenery stuff from WS.