New to the hobby.

Discussion in 'N / Z Scale Model Trains' started by rcwatkins, Aug 2, 2003.

1. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

Ok, I have a ?.

How much is s&h on
  2. ezdays

ezdays Out AZ way

Ask them. I think it depends on how much you buy and how big or heavy it is. I bought a few things from them a while back and my S & H was around $6.

3. billk

billk Active Member

Straight from

(My last shipment from them came by priority mail, not at my request so the S&H was still $6.95, even though postage was $6.25!)
  4. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

That is too much. Espically since all I was going to buy was 2 little containers that were cheaper than the price of shipping. :eek: :eek: :eek:
  5. MagicMan_841

MagicMan_841 Member

I got 6 freight cars from Wig-Wag Trains shipped to my home for 5.30 (actual shipping cost). And I'm in Canada...

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  6. billk

billk Active Member

I don't think you'll find many internet sellers that can replace the convenience of a nearby hobby shop for when you run out of ___ (fill in the blank). You have to plan ahead and order enough over the net to make the S&H worthwhile.

On the other hand, the LHS near me never seems to have in stock the things that I need and so they have to order it anyway, so I don't get it any sooner than if I ordered it myself over the net.
  7. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

Unfortunately, I don't have a decent LHS anywhere near me. And I am only 13 so I can't drive 100 miles to a higher than MSRP "L"HS that barely has the basic N scale supplies. :( The internet is my only option. :( Ok, I have a Hobby Lobby 20 miles from me but all they carry in N scale is basic Atlas code 80 track, no flextrack, the occasional cheap Model Power power packs, Bachpersonn toy train sets, & a couple of buildings. The only stuff I would get there is basic scenery stuff from WS.
  8. rcwatkins

rcwatkins Member

I know very little about this hobby, like how to wire and stuff like that. I have an area of 3' by 7'.