New to the hobby with HPI Micro RS4

Discussion in 'RC Drifting and Setup' started by Z_Fanatic, Jun 3, 2006.

1. Z_Fanatic

Z_Fanatic Guest

Hi, I am completely new to the hobby, so I have no idea how things work with R/C and how to set up my car for desired ride. I just bought a used HPI Micro RS4 RTR from ebay, I believe it has all I need to start running, except batteries and charger. The kit is stock with factory settings I think. I am not interested at track or competition at the moment, just to introduce myself to the hobby. The size of the car is 1/18, and I will be using it only indoors, the floor on my house are all tiles. So I want to learn how to drift using this rtr kit.

I believe it has ball bearings, which I hear is a plus for drifting. If you know more about this kit personally, please advise. I have looked at HPI website for some assembly. I hear that some people put electrical tape on the tires, and it helped them drift, and since the floors are tiles, I am wondering would that also be feasible in my case?

I also heard that to help start and maintain a drift, some people usually lock the rear differentials? How would I do that on the Micro RS4? Thanks, and I hope to stay in this hobby, as I like most aspects of the sport of real drifting.