New to the "Gauge"

Discussion in 'G / O / S Scale Model Trains' started by marc gast, Nov 16, 2003.

1. marc gast

marc gast Member

Hey all!

Just joined the "Gauge".

I have a small HO logging module, but, model mostly now in Fn3.

Founded the Greater Grand Rapids "G" Gaugers a couple of years ago.

Recently won 3 1st and 1 2nd in the NCR NMRA convention.

Please check out my webpage:

2. N Gauger

N Gauger 1:20.3 Train Addict

:cool: :cool: Too Cool!! :cool: :cool:

Welcome to The Gauge. My G gauge is about 10 X 10 in my basement. But it's 3 levels, with the top level hanging off the ceiling.

You have some great stuff there!!
  3. Ralph

Ralph's for fun!

Welcome aboard Marc! I enjoyed your webpage. Nice modeling and a good sense of humor too! :)
    This HO guy wants to know, What's Fn3?
  4. Danny

Danny Member

Ralph, Fn3 is an NMRA invention to desccibe Three Foot Gauge trains running on 45mm (G) track, Bachmann Trains are all modelled on Three Foot Prototypes, as a matter of interest.
    Regards, Danny in Queensland, Australia.:)
  5. Catt

Catt Guest

Hello Marc,Tis good to see another Grand Rapidian on the Gauge (even if we are at opposite ends of the modeling spectrum:D )

You have definately picked a good place to be.

6. shamus

shamus Registered Member

Hello Marc and welcome to the gauge.
    Very nice website and photos, I like your track plan.

I'm into logging in 0n30 - click the logo below.
  7. marc gast

marc gast Member

Kudos to all!

Thanks for the welcome all!

I will try to respond to all the previous posts in this one.

Let's see, oh ya, Fn3 = 1:20.3 scale, true 3 foot narrow gauge on 45 mm track. Most of Bachmann's stuff is 1:22.5 scale. Their latest creations such as the Shay, Climax, 2-8-0, 4-4-0.4-6-0 are 1:20.3. Most Accucraft items are 1:20.3. I do have a few LGB pieces of rolling stock and D&RGW passenger cars. Most of my items these days are bashes and scratchbuilt.

I will be posting some photos on line as soon as I figure out how to.

Wow, another Grand Rapidain! Cool! We need to get in touch with each other. If you attended the NMRA convention, would would have seen my railtruck, water tank and two b&w photos with placed 1st, 1st, 1st and 2nd in retrospect.

Look forward to more posts and chats.

Kudos to my buddy Jack also for turning me on to this site.

My large scale motto ".3 ain't G" LOL

8. pcentral

pcentral Member

Hi Marc,
    Welcome to The Gauge. I beleive I saw your work over on MLS. Nice work and congrats.
  9. marc gast

marc gast Member

Thanks for the Kudos!!!!

This is really a great website. Lots of great modelers, photos, etc. I have some other items posted in Sratchin & Bashing and also the logging segments. Just too many good places to post. Guess I need to post some more in this segment. Will have to post photos of the indoor layout under construction at one of our member's homes in Grand Rapids. First room is a 13 x 25 foot oval with an island which will depict St. Ignas, MI in the late 1800's and there is also a second level which is mostly designed for running (large radius, etc. not a lot of scenery). The upper level will lead into another 25 x 30 foot room. This layout also serves as our club layout; the Greater Grand Rapaids "G" Gaugers. Several MLS members have visited in the past month or so.

marc:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: