New to the game

Discussion in 'RC Aircraft & Watercraft' started by Batman, Apr 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batman

Batman Member

Hey everyone i am new to the air crafts i have two off road trucks but wanted to do more so i bought a cheap 2 channle plane to get me started i would like to know if getting a cheap plane is the best thing that i did because i just started and i would also like to recieve any tips or anything on how i can improve my flying ability thanx for all the help
  2. Batman

Batman Member

come on people i need all the shelp i can get please
  3. luke15

luke15 New Member

Hiya,getting a cheap 2 channel plane can be good to try out the hobby and see if its for yu but you do have limited control and if you are sure that the hobby is for you i think its usually best to buy a good 4 or 6 channel radio and a trainer like a gws tigermoth or slowstick,then you can use all the gear from yur first plane in more advanced ones.having said that i have a firebird xl and find it very fun on a quiet sunny evening,just have fun with your 2 channel aircraft and if you get reli into it then you can upgrade and you havnt wasted a lot of money on a hobby that is not for you. luke.
  4. Fastsky

Fastsky Member

The smaller planes for the most part are fragile, slow, and can't handle much wind. Also the transmitters that come with the 2 or 3 channel planes don't have a lot of range. Therefore if you wanted to get more into the hobby, you would have to upgrade pretty much everything! Typical RC trainer planes have 60" to 70" wingspans. The larger planes are more stable and can handle the winds much bettter than small park flyer type planes. Their larger size also makes it easier to see what the plane is doing. Since you are in the US maybe check out an RC airplane site that has online catalog such as Tower Hobbies. A typical starter plane that comes with a good plane, radio, and engine runs around $300.00 You can follow the link below for 1 example. Phone some local RC hobby shops in your area and ask them where some RC clubs are. Training is free when you join at most clubs and will save your plane many times over. Meantime why not download a free flight sim called FMS and give it a try. At least you can get an idea of what its like trying to control the planes. Hope this alll helps, Fast! http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LE1063**&P=1
  5. Batman

Batman Member

thank ya all very much that is very helpfull and i will check out some some trainers thanx for all the help it is appritiated.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.